Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: lurker from Bristol  (Read 1660 times)

• Goofy Tuckers
  • Liked: 0
lurker from Bristol
« on: January 08, 2004, 04:15:38 PM »
Hello my name is Patti.  My family and I moved to Bristol about a year ago.  I am orig from Phoenix Az.
A nod is good as a wink to a blind bat.

• Liked: 1
Re: lurker from Bristol
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 04:39:33 PM »
Hi Patti and welcome on board.  So many of us were lurkers before being posters.  I hope you find some useful tidbits to take away with you.

How are you finding Bristol?
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 05:20:34 PM »
Hiya Patti.  Welcome to UKY.  I'm also originally from Phoenix, AZ but just moved up to Flagstaff this past June.

How are you enjoying your move so far?  Have you and your family adjusted well?  Also, how did you wind up in England to begin with? :)  

• Goofy Tuckers
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 06:15:59 PM »
Hi Terinth.... I was born and raised in Flagstaff and moved to Phoenix when I was about 24.  I like it here in England okay but I am homesick for Phoenix. I miss the sun!!!  Summer will be here soon  :)

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 06:17:16 PM »
Hi Patti...welcome to UKY. :)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 06:23:18 PM »
Welcome to the site - it's always nice to meet lurkers! Feel free to unlurk and post though, we're nice people honest. :D
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 06:58:52 PM »
Hi Patti! I am not too far from Bristol - maybe 45 min. or so! Welcome!

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 08:28:52 PM »

Hiya there Patti,

Well Iam not from Az,but like to welcome you to UKY anyway ;D
  Its cool when you find ppls from your own state,keeps that home connection alive.

Rhia

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 09:10:19 PM »
Oh wow, you moved from Flag to Phoenix?  Not sure I could go back to the valley after having lived here.  I like the small town feeling of Flagstaff.  It's much more similar to a small English village or town.  Phoenix always felt too big and impersonal so I packed up and moved here :)  

Although there's quite a bit of snow on the ground here at the moment, so I am actually looking forward to an upcoming weekend visit with family down in Phoenix.  

So how did you end up in the UK anyway?  Summer in England is my favorite.  Can't be beat.  Long warm days and cool nights.  I'll be there this coming summer for a few months if all goes as planned.  

No matter how hot it gets there and how much people complain about the lack of a/c, it still doesn't even begin to compare to those Phoenix summers does it?!   [smiley=sweatdrop.gif] [smiley=sweatdrop.gif] [smiley=sweatdrop.gif] [smiley=sweatdrop.gif]

• Goofy Tuckers
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 11:58:58 AM »
I was glad to leave Flag after living there all my life.... it also has some bad memories of my first marriage.  I loved Phoenix and I didn't mind the heat much.  I loved being outside and going to the lakes... and I just loved living in a big city.  Bristol is pretty big so I am still happy with the size of the city.  My husband and I met in Phoenix four years ago, he is from Bristol.  We moved here for many reasons but mainly because he wanted to live by his family.  I miss Phoenix in the winter a lot but the summers here are to die for.
Patti

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2004, 04:17:52 PM »
Hi Patti,
We're not too far from you...we're in Melksham. My husband's son and daughter-in-law live in Bristol and we seem to get there about once a month for some reason or another. If I was in my 20s I'd be in the heart of the city as they are...great location and a walk to everything!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2004, 06:46:49 PM »
Hi Patti, welcome its great to meet you.  I've been to Phoenix as well.  It was a lovely trip.  Not too hot.  I've never understood how people can live in those temps in summer!  
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Goofy Tuckers
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2004, 08:20:57 PM »
Hi Kizmet  :)  

When I first moved to Phoenix from Flagstaff it was hard getting used to the heat then it was hard for me to be in the cold.  I can tell you it was a shock to my system to move to England...brrrrrrrr

• Goofy Tuckers
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2004, 08:22:51 PM »
Hi Lisa....

I do like Bristol but not the area we live in  :( .  My DH is trying to get a job that will take us to a new location...just don't know where yet  ??? We hope he gets one in Dorset... we like it down there...the other option is the Hull area... I understand that it gets pretty cold there..... yikes.

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2004, 07:11:32 PM »
Hi Patti,

I am an American who has lived in Bristol for the past 12 years, so if there is anything I can help you with please let me know.  I  love living in Bristol, but I know what you mean about the weather - great in the summer but pretty horrible in the winter (and really horrible the last week!).

What part of Bristol are you living in?  I'm lucky to live very close to the Downs, so get the best of living in a city with a beautiful big park on my doorstep.

Best of luck with everything!
Suzanne

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab