Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Greetings from Philadelphia  (Read 575 times)

• Liked: 0
Greetings from Philadelphia
« on: March 16, 2004, 05:59:21 AM »
Hello!
Before I start this, I feel the need to put out the disclaimer that I've never participated in the whole web forum thing, so I might seem a little lost.  However, after reading some posts, it seems I couldn't have picked a lovelier group to start with....
To tell you a little about myself, I'm a recent college graduate living in Philadelphia.  I studied singing at school and have decided I would love to come to Europe to explore any musical possibilities.   I have dual nationality for the U.S and U.K and have just sent out my application for a UK passport. I'm planning to start my venture in Scotland, where I have lots of family and am trying to come over in August for the Fringe, to get the artistic ball rolling.
I would love to hear from everyone and anyone one the site, however, I would greatly appreciate hearing from someone who has the same situation as me, regarding dual citizenship (i.e. logistics of working, coming over and living as a "citizen", although I've been in US all my life)....as well as anyone who can tell me about the music/peforming scene. oh. and the Fringe.

Thanks,  I can't wait to hear from you!

Re: Greetings from Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 06:07:25 AM »
Sorry I can't help with any of the info you've requested.  I'm sure others here can though :)  

You mentioned you already have family living in Scotland.. is that how you gained citizenship?  Hope you don't mind me asking.  

Anyway, welcome to the site.  :)

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 03:54:11 PM »
I too cant help you with your questions,but I  know there are people here,  who can though .I just would like to welcome you to UKY  :)

Rhia

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 06:32:18 PM »
Hi Fiona, seems you are doomed to not get help from the first wave of welcomers to the site.  But take heart there are so many of us there is at least one sure to be able to help.  Besides it gives you more time to get familiar with all the information floating about in here.  Welcome to UK Yankee.  Enjoy exploring.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 08:04:28 PM »
Welcome fiona from another Philadelphian!  :D

I can't really help with the dual citizenship stuff or performing arts either but I'm sure you'll find the answers soon enough.  

Where in Scotland are you headed for? Edinburgh itself because of the Fringe?

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 04:30:10 PM »

Don't mind the questions at all!  My father was born in Scotland and moved to the States as a boy, so there is still a lot of extended family over there. and depending on who can offer up a spare bedroom, I'll be heading to Glasgow or Edinburgh

Sponsored Links