Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello from California, USA  (Read 659 times)

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
Hello from California, USA
« on: March 16, 2004, 10:35:30 PM »
:) 18 year old here, looking for information about moving to the UK.

Re: Hello from California, USA
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 12:08:27 AM »
Hiya and welcome to the site :)  To really be able to offer you any useful information, we'd need to know a bit more about how you're hoping to make the move.  Are you interested in moving over for university?  Do you have a partner living there? :)  A little more about you would be helpful.  

Anyway, have a browse through the Visa section.  You may even find your questions have already been asked/answered.  Again.. glad you found your way here.  :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 12:09:00 AM by Terinth »

• Hi there.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 01:45:04 AM »
Thank you for the welcome. I'm just trying to get a general idea/feel about the UK and what it's like/how it feels to move there from the US. I'll be attending University here for the net 4 years, so I wouldn't be moving to the UK soon if, in fact, I choose to do so. I may study abroad there in my junior year of college - that would be wonderful if I could make the time for it. These are the places I can go to study for a semester:

ENGLAND: Blackfriars, Oxford University; Oxford
Centre for Medieval & Renaissance Studies, Oxford (CMRS is not part of Oxford University)

If anyone knows about those schools, that would be helpful. I'll be studying Sociology and Biology mainly. Thanks again.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 04:37:20 PM »
Have a look in the Student Lounge section of the forum.  I know there are others who've done similarly.  They'd be able to offer more help than I could.  Is it exciting to have such an opportunity?  :)

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 06:22:49 PM »
Welcome to the site AirBear.  Hope you find all you seek.  Good luck in University.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 10:12:23 PM »
Hiya and welcome to UKY AirBear :)You will find plenty info here and very nice people too

Rhia
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 10:12:43 PM by Rhia66 »

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 09:46:57 PM »
Welcome...wish you the best of luck with your university studies...there is a website called UCAS that you can check out that gives different info on universities in the UK...best of luck
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab