Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Documentation & Questions  (Read 3210 times)

• Liked: 10
Re: FLR(M) Documentation & Questions
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2022, 04:48:00 PM »
Hi everyone!

Finally some good news! Having raised the BRP issue on the day we received it (11th December), we had not heard anything, so emailed again twice (both after the quoted 20 working days) but to no avail. I contacted our MPs office a couple of weeks ago and his secretary chased the Home Office and escalated our case there and then, suggesting that I call her back if we hadn't heard anything after another two weeks. Anyway, I called again yesterday and she chased (again)...and just like that, we received confirmation that a new BRP would be on its way, so now we wait to make sure that the new BRP is correct :)

Our original application was approved in December, so assumed that the BRP would run until June 2024 - the date that they have put on the correct BRP is in August 2024, which seems too long? Is this going to be an issue?

Also just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped us through this journey. You guys are all honestly awesome! :D
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted: 1st Dec 2018 (Bio 11th Dec 2018)
Spouse Visa Decision Email: 28th Feb 2019
FLR(M) Online App Submitted: 18th Oct 2021 (Bio 4th Nov 2021)
FLR(M) Visa Decision Email: 4th Dec 2021
ILR (Super Priority) Online App Submitted: 23rd Feb 2024 (Bio 12th Mar 2024)
ILR Visa Decision Email: 12th Mar 2024

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2022, 04:52:42 PM »
Finally some good news! Having raised the BRP issue on the day we received it (11th December), we had not heard anything, so emailed again twice (both after the quoted 20 working days) but to no avail. I contacted our MPs office a couple of weeks ago and his secretary chased the Home Office and escalated our case there and then, suggesting that I call her back if we hadn't heard anything after another two weeks. Anyway, I called again yesterday and she chased (again)...and just like that, we received confirmation that a new BRP would be on its way, so now we wait to make sure that the new BRP is correct :)

That's great news - glad it got sorted out :).

Our original application was approved in December, so assumed that the BRP would run until June 2024 - the date that they have put on the correct BRP is in August 2024, which seems too long? Is this going to be an issue?

Nope, not an issue... in fact, it's a good thing... the longer it's valid for, the better, as it gives you even more leeway to apply for ILR in 2024.

It sounds like they've probably just reissued the new BRP for a full 30 months (plus maybe 28 days?) from when they corrected it rather than backdating it to December.

• Liked: 10
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2022, 04:55:32 PM »
Nope, not an issue... in fact, it's a good thing... the longer it's valid for, the better, as it gives you even more leeway to apply for ILR in 2024.

It sounds like they've probably just reissued the new BRP for a full 30 months (plus maybe 28 days?) from when they corrected it rather than backdating it to December.
That's what we were thinking too, but just wanted to check as it seemed too good to be true - this process has definitely scarred us ;D

Thanks for all of your advice, ksand24, it really has been invaluable!
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted: 1st Dec 2018 (Bio 11th Dec 2018)
Spouse Visa Decision Email: 28th Feb 2019
FLR(M) Online App Submitted: 18th Oct 2021 (Bio 4th Nov 2021)
FLR(M) Visa Decision Email: 4th Dec 2021
ILR (Super Priority) Online App Submitted: 23rd Feb 2024 (Bio 12th Mar 2024)
ILR Visa Decision Email: 12th Mar 2024

Sponsored Links