Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US TV shows in the UK this summer?  (Read 1885 times)

Re: US TV shows in the UK this summer?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »
Since we're talking about it, I thought I'd pimp one of my new favorites, The Riches.  Is it airing there?  If not, hopefully it will make it over soon.  My husband is completely addicted, and I'm not far behind.  Really interesting premise with great actors (even if Eddie's accent is a bit... imperfect).

I missed the last few episodes of "The West Wing." Did CJ and Danny get married?

One of the final episodes was (partially) set a few years in the future, and it was mentioned that they were married and had a child or two.

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 03:20:42 PM »
Since we're talking about it, I thought I'd pimp one of my new favorites, The Riches.  Is it airing there?  If not, hopefully it will make it over soon.  My husband is completely addicted, and I'm not far behind.  Really interesting premise with great actors (even if Eddie's accent is a bit... imperfect).

One of the final episodes was (partially) set a few years in the future, and it was mentioned that they were married and had a child or two.

Rich and I have seen a few of the episodes, and really liked it. How can you go wrong with Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver.  Of course it was not  what we were expecting at all.  I think the season finale was yesterday right?

It's not here yet, I'm sure it will be though.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 03:22:07 PM »
I've been looking forward to The Riches for a while!!! I adore Eddie Izzard!!   [smiley=heart.gif]
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 03:38:19 PM »
I think the season finale was yesterday right?

It was, but we're still a few episodes behind.  Hopefully we can get caught up before the second season. ::)

I've been looking forward to The Riches for a while!!! I adore Eddie Izzard!!   [smiley=heart.gif]

That's why I started watching!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »
Sorry if this contravenes anything but you can watch the Riches online.

See http://all of tv.net/index.php?content=episodes&show=447&season=1&epID=10522

All of TV goes together, if you know what I mean, and there you go. No need to wait.

• Snaps
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 03:47:01 PM »
No need to wait.

I like waiting! Does that make me weird?? If I watched stuff online, I'd just gorge and watch the entire series in one go. I actually prefer the anticipation and waiting another 7 days for the next episode!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 09:04:35 PM »
I miss "Huff." Did anyone else see that? It was really good, and I'm not sure why they canceled it. Ratings as usual, I suppose.

The Wire is showing on the FX channel, which is also showing the brilliant Sleeper Cell.

Anyone know when The Shield is coming back?

I loved Huff I didn't know that they cancelled it what a bummer.  :(  ::)

Dh & I love to watch Sleeper Cell as well.  ;D  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]  we usually record it an watch with lunch the next day or with dinner if we couldn't watch it during lunch.

I'm waiting for the new season of Las Vegas to come back on.

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 09:07:57 PM »
I'm waiting for the new season of Las Vegas to come back on.

You've heard about the casting change?  James Caan is leaving, and replacing him..... Tom Selleck.  Wonder if he'll wear Hawaiian shirts and drive a Ferrari.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »
You've heard about the casting change?  James Caan is leaving, and replacing him..... Tom Selleck.  Wonder if he'll wear Hawaiian shirts and drive a Ferrari.

I knew James Caan & I think the person that plays Mary are the only 2 cast members that weren't returning. I think I read that in the Sky magazine Aprils issue. Tom Selleck is a weird replacement choice I think but who knows maybe he can pull it off.

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:03 PM »
Must say I am a TV addict too - at least that's what DH says. I think I just have a better memory than him since I know all the good channels and what's on when - or I am just in front of it that much.

I'm waiting for the 6th season of 24 to appear on DVD for rent. I hate being behind on US shows, certainly makes me homesick for good US tv. Too bad I can't afford that AB sling box advertised on this site sometimes.
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

• Snaps
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 08:01:01 AM »

I had heard that James Caan was leaving, but I didn't know his replacement was .... Tom Selleck. Oy. It's a pity James Caan is gone because he was sooo good in that role! I've never been a Selleck fan, but will give him a chance. I'm like that.  :)

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 09:09:36 AM »
I [smiley=smitten.gif] Tom Selleck

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »

• Snaps
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 11:04:21 AM »
I [smiley=smitten.gif] Tom Selleck

big biker 'staches   ;)

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 01:54:04 PM »
Yes, I have been trying to get my husband to grow one for years. ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab