Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Concert for Princess Diana...  (Read 3200 times)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Concert for Princess Diana...
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 09:05:39 AM »
Icons of youth are getting old!

Tom Jones is still rockin'!  :P ;D
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 09:06:29 AM »
Take That were ACE!  And like him or not, Elton John really is a brilliant performer.

I really enjoyed the concert, but wish they'd have kicked Ricky Gervais off stage and just left it to McKenzie.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 09:10:41 AM »
I recorded the concert and have watched bits of it so far. I felt bad for Fergie when her mike was not working!

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »
My quickie comments from the concert...

I recorded the concert and have watched bits of it so far. I felt bad for Fergie when her mike was not working!
Is she pregnant? When she was walking to the side you could see a pretty distinctive little bump.

I did giggle at the Princes especially Wills trying to dance. I said to my husband "Awe, he's a royal nerd!". I'm ashamed to say Harry's looking quite the hottie! Poor Wills losing his hair. He looks just like his uncle Andrew now.

I really enjoyed the concert. I loved the ballet and the Andrew Lloyd Weber Medley the best.

I also thought P Doo-dah was a bit OTT but that's his style.

Lilly Allen's outfit was tragic!! Who the hell dressed her? Was it from her own collection?

I love Elton. I saw him two years ago in Coventry. He played his heart out for a good two hours. I was surprised George Michael wasn't there.

Am I the only one who adores James Morrison??

Ricky Gervais was hysterical at the end by the way!  ;D

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 09:56:39 AM »

Yes he is...I thought he was great!  :)

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 10:11:12 AM »

No. I like him too. I quite admired him for singing with such emotion and energy with minimal instruments.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 11:38:28 AM »
I'm ashamed to say Harry's looking quite the hottie! Poor Wills losing his hair. He looks just like his uncle Andrew now.

There's no shame in that!! I've always thought Harry was very cute. Wills ... not so much.

Ricky Gervais was hysterical at the end by the way!  ;D

No, you're not! I thought he sounded great. A lot of the acts sounded crap live, but I thought he was fantastic.

Yes!!! More Ricky Gervais!! I love the Bowie "pathetic little fat man" song!!  ;D
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Dar
  • Geek of the medieval persuasion

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 03:25:01 PM »
There's no shame in that!! I've always thought Harry was very cute. Wills ... not so much.

Harry is definitely the more attractive of the two.  Wills looks too much like his dad.  But Harry, yeah, I wouldn't turn him away.  ;)
I am the architect of my destiny.

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 03:29:38 PM »
Here in the US they just showed hilights. We saw Fergie, P. Diddy, Elton John (twice), and Natalie Imbruglia, Tom Jones with Joss Stone, and I think one more... Of course NBC showed many commercials and with only an hour and wanting to show the montage to Princess Diana at the end, it didn't leave a lot of time for showing much.

I agree about the princes, although I think it's a good thing for me that I prefer Harry since people say DB looks a lot like him! I was surprised to see that it looks like Wills is balding already too. Poor guy...

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 03:47:48 PM »
I didn't see Natalie Imbruglia! I thought I watched the entire thing. Maybe I was in the bathroom.

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »
From what I saw, it looked like a fab show... though I did find myself much more interested in watching the Princes' behaviour; I thought they were both adorable and even got teary-eyed thinking of the whole event and what it meant... I think they're a couple of great kids.  And I think they're both handsome each in his own way, receding hairline or not!!
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »
I think they're a couple of great kids.  And I think they're both handsome each in his own way, receding hairline or not!!

Me too!  ;)

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 04:55:38 PM »
Here in the US they just showed hilights.

DH and I couldn't believe that was all they showed. It's the middle of summer and everything else is a rerun, you'd think it would be the perfect time to show the whole thing  ::)

I loved the pics at the end though, so lovely. You can definitely see her face never really changed.

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 05:14:17 PM »
Don't know what happened to my first post.   ???
Here in the US they just showed hilights.
Not true!  VH1 broadcasted the whole concert live.  Gave me at least a legitimate reason to NOT leave the house yesterday. 

I thought it was very well done.  The whole family should be proud of the Princes and what they accomplished yesterday.  It was a pleasure to watch them, well maybe not dance - that was a hoot! ;D

I just think Elton John is a class act! He really is a Master Performer!

I AGREE!!!  I thought he looked great too!  He's aging really well OR he's got a great surgeon!

Poor JT.  :(  What happened to him?  He looks terrible.  I'm sorry, but I still adore Duran Duran.  [smiley=smitten.gif]

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »
I didn't see Natalie Imbruglia! I thought I watched the entire thing. Maybe I was in the bathroom.

Maybe I have the wrong name then... Oops! Just checked it, it was Nelly Furtado!! I'm horrible with names of songs and singers!!  [smiley=dunce.gif]

\Not true!  VH1 broadcasted the whole concert live.  Gave me at least a legitimate reason to NOT leave the house yesterday. 

I just saw it on NBC. I'll have to check VH1 then, I wanted to see the whole thing and they'll probably replay it.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab