Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Concert for Princess Diana...  (Read 3201 times)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Concert for Princess Diana...
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2007, 08:54:17 PM »
they're hanging on to the Take That they remember, rather than the Take That they are now. They could get up on stage and stand there in silence and half the audience would still scream because their childhood idols were in front of them, lol!

I thought they were really good at the Diana concert. And, actually, I'd never even heard of them until 2003. So ... yeah ... they're good just as they are.

My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2007, 09:16:56 PM »
I thought they were really good at the Diana concert. And, actually, I'd never even heard of them until 2003. So ... yeah ... they're good just as they are.

I missed their performance at the concert, but I do like their recent songs and despite not being a major fan the first time around (I was about 10 at the time), I still seem to remember all the word to their songs, lol!

It's weird, because just a couple of years ago they were all struggling to get anywhere (apart from Robbie, obviously) and now they're back on top again. In fact, I remember one summer - I think it was 2003, actually - Mark Owen did a mini gig in our local shopping mall. I was working on the photo counter in Boots at the time and our store was just opposite where he was performing. All these 20-something women came in to buy disposable cameras to take pictures of their teenage crush!!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2007, 09:40:39 PM »
I only knew one song in the States when they were huge (Back for Good), but otherwise was not familiar, particularly that they were a 'boy band' until I came here in 2004.
I think they've had a fantastic comeback, and really like a couple of their new songs.  Regardless of what they look like, I think they actually have talent.
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2007, 09:42:16 PM »

I didn't get the girls at all-what were they supposed to be and what were the props?

I don't think they're supposed to be anything.  :) They're just dancers.  Their costumes and props were from the video for the song Shine.  

I wasn't a huge fan in the '90s but I don't object to them.  I like the new songs and I like the fact that they seem like nice guys.  Mark Owen won Celebrity Big Brother a few years ago-he was lovely.  They were actually broken up for years, they only got back together a year or so ago so it isn't like they've been unsuccessful, just doing their own things.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 09:51:34 PM by Mindy »

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2007, 07:51:26 AM »
I don't think they're supposed to be anything.  :) They're just dancers.  Their costumes and props were from the video for the song Shine.  

I've never seen the video, but I thought the dancing girls were fab!!!  ;D
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

Sponsored Links