Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ohhhhh Harry!!!!  (Read 4428 times)

Re: Ohhhhh Harry!!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »
Honestly, I'm really looking forward to the studification of Neville.
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 10:18:46 PM »
I've always been a bit annoyed that they've made her so cute in the films. Where did the frizz hair from the books/movie 1 go?

This one's even worse, in terms of flat, wavy hair. :( I love Emma Watson, but I've been pissed off since day one (movie one?) that they not only didn't cast a bushy-haired buck-toothed know-it-all as Hermione, but they couldn't even be bothered to find a girl with CURLY HAIR!  Honestly! ( ;D

Movie!Luna, on the other hand, is awesome.  Really, truly awesome.  And Neville is so cute, and Rupert/Ron's actually started acting - not just reacting goofily.

Dan, on the other (third?) hand, is a bit too fit at this point to believe that the Dursleys are starving him properly. :P

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 10:22:35 PM »
Dan, on the other (third?) hand, is a bit too fit at this point to believe that the Dursleys are starving him properly. :P
  [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]
Oh god I'm so loving this thread!!

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 10:24:01 PM »
This one's even worse, in terms of flat, wavy hair. :( I love Emma Watson, but I've been pissed off since day one (movie one?) that they not only didn't cast a bushy-haired buck-toothed know-it-all as Hermione, but they couldn't even be bothered to find a girl with CURLY HAIR!  Honestly! ( ;D

That's pretty much how I saw it.

Movie!Luna, on the other hand, is awesome.  Really, truly awesome.  And Neville is so cute, and Rupert/Ron's actually started acting - not just reacting goofily.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Luna in the movie. I've heard she does a wonderful job, which is great considering she's not an "actress" in the taken-loads-of-lessons sense.

That is simply too hilarious. You are so right. Maybe they're just feeding him (imported) Wheaties?  ;D

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2007, 10:25:15 PM »
The girl who's playing Luna is just utterly perfect - and you're right, I think part of that is because she was a normal fangirl who just happened to get cast.  She even made the radish earrings that she wears in the movie! :D

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 10:30:26 PM »
The girl who's playing Luna is just utterly perfect - and you're right, I think part of that is because she was a normal fangirl who just happened to get cast.  She even made the radish earrings that she wears in the movie! :D

I love that she made the earrings. I wonder how difficult it was for her to get over the whole "celebrity-glee" thing and was able to like... act normally around them. I've been around celebrities and usually I'm fine, but I could see how a teenage girl would sort of fall all over herself.

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2007, 10:34:51 PM »
I love that she made the earrings. I wonder how difficult it was for her to get over the whole "celebrity-glee" thing and was able to like... act normally around them. I've been around celebrities and usually I'm fine, but I could see how a teenage girl would sort of fall all over herself.

I think that's what makes me even more delighted with her - Luna, of all people, is so utterly NOT impressed by Harry's celebrity, so I would think that Evanna would have to be an even better actress than normal not to let that inherent "OMGglee!" thing shine through in the character.  The fact that she's so totally Luna and not star-struck in any way is even more impressive.

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 10:37:44 PM »
I think that's what makes me even more delighted with her - Luna, of all people, is so utterly NOT impressed by Harry's celebrity, so I would think that Evanna would have to be an even better actress than normal not to let that inherent "OMGglee!" thing shine through in the character.  The fact that she's so totally Luna and not star-struck in any way is even more impressive.

You're probably right on that! I can't wait to see it. My sister got all mad when she figured out that I already knew what happens because I've read the book.  ::)

I will say though, I'm not that thrilled with the girl who plays Ginny. I know she's not new, but something about her is just.. I don't know.

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 10:43:15 PM »
You're probably right on that! I can't wait to see it. My sister got all mad when she figured out that I already knew what happens because I've read the book.  ::)

I will say though, I'm not that thrilled with the girl who plays Ginny. I know she's not new, but something about her is just.. I don't know.

I'm not a huge Ginny fan either (I totally self-identify with Hermione!) but she's actually quite nice this time around - she doesn't have that many lines, but she has a couple of scenes with the others (in the DA meetings and in the Department of Mysteries) that sort of help set up for the arrival of uber!Ginny in HBP.  Same with Grawp - he's not nearly as annoying as in the book.  ;D

Really, I just have a major hate-on for Umbridge, and the movie makes me hate her even more.  >:(

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2007, 10:58:08 PM »
Really, I just have a major hate-on for Umbridge, and the movie makes me hate her even more.  >:(

Oh I HATED her in the book!  I had such an urge to punch her right in the nose after what she does to Harry.  [smiley=bomb.gif]

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2007, 11:02:13 PM »

Alright.  That's where I draw the line.  You do NOT diss my girl Ginny.  Them's fightin' words.  >:( >:(

Ginny will save the world.  Just you wait.  Harry Shmarry.

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2007, 11:11:16 PM »
Alright.  That's where I draw the line.  You do NOT diss my girl Ginny.  Them's fightin' words.  >:( >:(

Ginny will save the world.  Just you wait.  Harry Shmarry.

But... I like Ginny in the book. I just don't like the actress they picked to play her. :)

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2007, 12:10:50 AM »
But... I like Ginny in the book. I just don't like the actress they picked to play her. :)

Oh.  Ah.  Well.  My bad. :-[

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2007, 12:14:07 AM »
Oh.  Ah.  Well.  My bad. :-[

It's okay ;D Your willingness to defend is commendable!

• I miss you so much. My heart is forever broken.
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2007, 08:52:18 AM »
MmMmMm he has beautiful eyes!...I don't feel dirty as he's 18 in a few days and I'm ONLY 23! hahahahahahha ;D

Did anyone see him on Conan? He was so funny!

Part 1: 

Part 2:

He's so adorable  :)

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab