Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Beckhams in LA  (Read 2590 times)

• One day.......
  • Liked: 0
Re: Beckhams in LA
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »
Hard to imagine that he could get this far in his career without some talent himself. 
He obviously has talent or he wouldn't have been so well known earlier in his career.  I'm sure his looks helped get him noticed more but he's actually prettier now than he was back then.
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007, 03:19:36 PM »
And in L.A., he's certainly in a top place for voice/elocution lessons!
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• Liked: 36
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007, 04:12:59 PM »
Actually, yep - he couldn't be a commentator - his voice and his unability to actually say something sensible would mean he'd be quickly moved to the spectators box instead!!
He'll probably just live off his celeb money and put in me and posh appearances at bigger games ...

As for his football skills..  well, yep he was a good crosser of the ball and ..  err..  he was errr good at .. umm..  oh free kicks..   and um..  errr..   this was him at his prime !

As for the 'England' mystery - it's a wonder how for all the talent in individual players in the premiership, they've never really been world class consistently when playing an international game! and thats under many managers - not just the last 3 or 4 blasted in the press!

Posh used to sometimes look good..  but naa.. not anymore really, even by her getting her 'bolt ons' there hasn't really been any imrprovement! but guess she'll feel right at home in plasticpeopleland !

DtM! West London & Slough UK!

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »
Posh used to sometimes look good..  but naa.. not anymore really, even by her getting her 'bolt ons' there hasn't really been any imrprovement! but guess she'll feel right at home in plasticpeopleland !

I've wondered if the move to LA corresponds with some warranty work on her... uh.... expansion pack. ;) ;D

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2007, 04:23:32 PM »
Easy now...

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2007, 04:28:57 PM »
Easy now...

You know me - it's just good-natured ribbing.  I actually kinda like her, expansion pack or not. ;)

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2007, 08:02:26 PM »
He wasnt well known early in his career, it was when he hooked up with Posh Spice that the circus started. It all about Messi, truly the next legend of our game if things go right for him. With all the attention Becks gets you would've thought he'd be in the same bracket as Pele, Maradona, Cryuff, Zidane and Co but Becks falls well short in regards to his footballing ability, but in terms of fame for famesake he's up there with Hollywood A listers (excuse the pun), but god knows what for. It very important to note that Becks will not cost LA Galaxy a penny as he will generate more than his own income. Same scenario with Real, there to sell shirts.

Last game of the season says it all. 1-0 down, Becks gets subbed and Real are 2-1 winners. Go figure. Can't tackle, can't dribble, loses his position far too often and  very greedy each time England are awarded a free kick, let someone else have a go mate. Celebrity yes, footballer ?

And he's a racist !

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2007, 09:05:18 PM »
Well then.
Can't argue that.
I had no idea he sucked so bad.
Thanks for clarifying.

• Jersey Girl Moving to London
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2007, 02:12:35 AM »
Though I will be one of the guilty ones feeding the Becks extravaganza here buying both myself and 2 nephews (age 4 and 6) shirts...not sure he'll do for soccer in America what he and the soccer world would like him too...Because my mother is English and my uncle played for Oxford United, I grew up on Soccer/Football, but even though it is a sport that many children play here, sadly, I've been to some MetroStars(NY/NJ) games and the stadium is 1/4 filled with Latin Americans yearning for some football...the atmosphere just isn't there...I don't think even Becks and Posh can remedy that!
"You Can Take the Girl Outta Jersey, but You Can't Take the Jersey Outta the Girl!"

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 09:56:22 AM »
And so it begins...or should I say, the beginning of the end?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6902089.stm
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 01:53:31 PM »
I heard this morning he won't be playing the upcoming match against Chelsea because of his ankle injury.

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »
Well Posh aint going over too well in the USA. No surprises there. I'm wondering what will keep her from screaming for the airport.  ::)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070717/tts-us-britain-people-fbl-3c8ed92_1.html

• Liked: 6
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »
Did anyone watch the Coming to America show that was on ITV last night?  I watched parts of it and it was dreadful (IMO).

I didn't really have an opinion of her either way but after watching parts of that show last night, I'm definitely not rushing out to join her fan club. ::)
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2007, 12:27:43 PM »
No, I'm too afraid.

From what I understand, the show is an attempt to show her 'lighter' side by poking fun at herself, but unfortunatey she's not a good enough actress to pull it off.

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2007, 02:15:27 PM »
Did anyone watch the Coming to America show that was on ITV last night?  I watched parts of it and it was dreadful (IMO).

I didn't really have an opinion of her either way but after watching parts of that show last night, I'm definitely not rushing out to join her fan club. ::)
I watched it. I posted a thread about it but I thought I must be the only one who watched it. She's so completely full of herself. I like the way she hired the cute chubby girl to be her assistant and when the girl asked if she would be assisting David, Vic got all pissy "Why ? Do you think he's good looking?" and so on. The poor girl. I guess Vic wanted the total opposite of Rebecca Loos!
Thing is about that programme. She's so false and pretentious I would probably tune in every week to watch it. I don't watch Jordan and Peter  [smiley=puke.gif]  but it's pretty much along the same lines and their rubbish.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab