Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Savings requirement with children?  (Read 3573 times)

• Liked: 3597
Re: Savings requirement with children?
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2017, 03:58:35 PM »
Digesting, thank you so very much!!

No problem :).

The only thing you need to sort out is being able to show the money is still in the account on August 17th... by providing a bank statement which covers that date.

You know you will meet the requirement on August 17th, but you also need to have a bank statement that covers this date - and if your statements cut off before the 17th, you may need to wait an extra few weeks and actually cover almost 7 months with the bank statements before submitting the application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 07:41:48 PM »
Got it....so I basically just need to be prepared to go with the flow regarding statements and hope that my bank can give me a special statement if I'd like to apply as close as possible to the 6th month mark.

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2017, 07:46:34 PM »
Got it....so I basically just need to be prepared to go with the flow regarding statements and hope that my bank can give me a special statement if I'd like to apply as close as possible to the 6th month mark.

Yeah, exactly - as soon as you can provide bank statements covering the whole period from (and including) 17th Feb to 17th August 2017, you can apply :).

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2017, 05:07:46 PM »
I am on it. Thanks again!

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2017, 02:54:43 PM »
Lol, got a warning about the post being 120 days old. Anyways, I was wondering what some thoughts might be on changing financial institutions to force a new statement at a new bank should my bank not be willing to issue a special statement? The pound has made some major headway against the dollar over the last 6 months. I am concerned about waiting for my last statement to come in with the way that things are going. The way that things are going with the exchange rate, I could lose a week (every week) even though I have much more than the minimum at this point, I certainly didn't then. Hypothetically, if the pound keeps gaining strength vis a vis the dollar it could be several additional months of statements that I will need!

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2017, 02:56:20 PM »
Any ideas on moving my money from one bank to another to force a new statement instead of waiting an extra month to obtain a statement from my current bank?

Thanks.

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2017, 03:58:59 PM »
Any ideas on moving my money from one bank to another to force a new statement instead of waiting an extra month to obtain a statement from my current bank?

Thanks.

Apologies, I haven't read through the whole thread just skimmed the last page very quickly.
What is stopping you from asking your bank, in branch, to print and stamp statement pages to cover the dates that you need for the application?

If you want to "time stamp" the statements on any particular date yourself just make a small deposit that day.

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2017, 04:11:18 PM »
Apologies, I haven't read through the whole thread just skimmed the last page very quickly.
What is stopping you from asking your bank, in branch, to print and stamp statement pages to cover the dates that you need for the application?

If you want to "time stamp" the statements on any particular date yourself just make a small deposit that day.

I wouldn't have read through it either.  ;D

Let me try to simplify it for you although I have trouble explaining it myself.

I met the threshold for savings on or about 2/17/17. On 8/17/17 I would have held the money in savings for 6 months. Due to the way that my statements are issued, I won't be getting a statement to show that I have had that amount in the bank ending on 8/17/17 until mid September.

On 2/17/17, I only had enough savings to *barely* make the cut e.g. it might support an exchange rate of 1.33:1.

I am concerned that if the exchange rate keeps surging, the clock where I initially held the required savings might keep moving forward in time.

I am not sure whether or not my local branch will be able to issue *special* statements so I am trying to come up with alternatives like closing the money at that bank on 8/17/17 should my local branch refuse to create *special* "early" statements. Perhaps even opening a new account at the same branch to create a new statement as to avoid needing to run around town and open a branch at a new bank.

Did that make sense?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:14:18 PM by us2uk4me »

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2017, 04:13:59 PM »

I met the threshold for savings on or about 2/17/17. On 8/17/17 I would have held the money in savings for 6 months. Due to the way that my statements are issued, I won't be getting a statement to show that I have had that amount in the bank ending on 8/17/17 until mid September.

On 2/17/17, I only had enough savings to *barely* make the cut e.g. it might support an exchange rate of 1.33:1.

I am concerned that if the exchange rate keeps surging, the clock where I initially held the required savings might keep moving forward in time.

I am not sure whether or not my local branch will be able to issue *special* statements so I am trying to come up with alternatives like nesting the money in a new bank account on 8/17/17 should my local branch refuse to create *special* "early" statements.

Did that make sense?

Thanks.

Give them a call and ask.  I've never had an issue getting a statement cut at a given point in time.  I don't think you need a work around other than to call and request it (or go in and speak with someone).

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2017, 04:18:28 PM »
I am not sure whether or not my local branch will be able to issue *special* statements so I am trying to come up with alternatives like closing the money at that bank on 8/17/17 should my local branch refuse to create *special* "early" statements. Perhaps even opening a new account at the same branch to create a new statement as to avoid needing to run around town and open a branch at a new bank.

First off, just ask the bank. You could have it all sorted within a few minutes without needing to think about alternatives.

Secondly, it wouldn't have to be a 'special' statement. Just ask them to print off a transaction list/balance for the period you need, perhaps with an accompanying stamp/signature, or a letter confirming it's authentic.

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2017, 04:19:46 PM »

Did that make sense?

Thanks.

Yes, I do get your point, thanks for the recap!  :D

Again, what is stopping you going into the branch and having your statements stamped up to the date you want to use? Have you asked them if this is possible? Many, many people do it that way without having the additional exchange rate issue.

Any day of the week I can go into my branch and ask them to print and stamp 6 months (or one month) worth of statements.

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2017, 04:55:27 PM »
Give them a call and ask.  I've never had an issue getting a statement cut at a given point in time.  I don't think you need a work around other than to call and request it (or go in and speak with someone).

The national branch said absolutely not. They advised that I must go to my local branch and won't provide a number. It makes it worse that I am out in the boonies!

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2017, 04:58:34 PM »
First off, just ask the bank. You could have it all sorted within a few minutes without needing to think about alternatives.

Secondly, it wouldn't have to be a 'special' statement. Just ask them to print off a transaction list/balance for the period you need, perhaps with an accompanying stamp/signature, or a letter confirming it's authentic.

Lol, hold your horses. I did ask the bank. I'll just go make the long drive. Thanks.

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2017, 05:02:48 PM »
Yes, I do get your point, thanks for the recap!  :D

Again, what is stopping you going into the branch and having your statements stamped up to the date you want to use? Have you asked them if this is possible? Many, many people do it that way without having the additional exchange rate issue.

Any day of the week I can go into my branch and ask them to print and stamp 6 months (or one month) worth of statements.

Lol, thanks! I'll see what they have to say in person. Pretty crummy that they can't verify this over the phone. If doing something so simple is such a hassle I might want to consider a new bank anyways!

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2017, 05:33:40 PM »
The national branch said absolutely not. They advised that I must go to my local branch and won't provide a number. It makes it worse that I am out in the boonies!

That's very odd and not something I've ever heard before.  Hopefully your experience in person is different!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab