Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Amending passport  (Read 916 times)

• Liked: 0
Amending passport
« on: March 10, 2005, 03:54:16 PM »
How do you go about amending your passport to show your married name.  I do not want to get a new one until mine expires?

How much does this cost?

Thanks!

• Liked: 8
Re: Amending passport
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 04:01:55 PM »
You'll need to use the Embassy's courier service.  The details are on the site, but I think it's £26.

If you can't be bothered changing it (I can't!  :P), just make sure you book tickets in your maiden name or take your marriage certificate along if you do book in your married name.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 07:59:01 AM »
You'll need to use the Embassy's courier service.  The details are on the site, but I think it's £26.

If you can't be bothered changing it (I can't!  :P), just make sure you book tickets in your maiden name or take your marriage certificate along if you do book in your married name.

Things have changed with the courier service. VDS is no longer the courier so no more 26.

Have a look here.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/acs/passports/amendindex.htm

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 08:06:11 AM »
Ah -- free!  That's good news!   ;D

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 09:31:33 AM »
Ah -- free!  That's good news!   ;D

Well the amendment is free, but you will still have to pay about £8 to get the passport to the Embassy and for the return enevlope to get your passport back to you.

There is a new courier service, but they have just started.

• Family of 4!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 04:22:32 PM »
I was told that I could do it via the post, but that its just a sticker or something in the back of my passport that states my new name. I received my settlement visa sticker in my passport with my maiden name, and they said to change it just go to the consulate and get the sticker thingy.

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 04:32:07 PM »
I was told that I could do it via the post, but that its just a sticker or something in the back of my passport that states my new name. I received my settlement visa sticker in my passport with my maiden name, and they said to change it just go to the consulate and get the sticker thingy.

Joni, I did mine while I was still living in the US.  I filled out a form here http://www.uspassportbureau.com/dsp19.pdf

It was free, I sent it registered post with my marriage certificate (They send everything back to you no charge to us)  It took about 3 weeks.  there is some writing in the back that says this passport was amended on this date to read New Name.    I received my settlement visa with my maiden name too (We all do I think) but I'm not changing it, though I am not sure why they used Maiden name to be honest.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 09:13:41 PM »
ok guys i'm freaked out.  i'm taking a financial regulatory test on the 16th and never thought to have it done in my married name (no official docs with new name and picture on it yet)-sure i have time-i'll send it in.

BUT we're off to Italy in a month and the tickets were booked IN MY MAIDEN NAME!!!!

OMG what do i do?!  I'm going to try and have the name changed to my maiden name for the test...but OMG!

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 10:14:39 PM »
ok guys i'm freaked out.  i'm taking a financial regulatory test on the 16th and never thought to have it done in my married name (no official docs with new name and picture on it yet)-sure i have time-i'll send it in.

BUT we're off to Italy in a month and the tickets were booked IN MY MAIDEN NAME!!!!

OMG what do i do?!  I'm going to try and have the name changed to my maiden name for the test...but OMG!

Can you bring your marriage cert with you to the test?

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 10:21:33 PM »
not a bad idea stace!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 10:24:49 PM »
not a bad idea stace!!!!!!

My work is done here! :P

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab