Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: spousal visa/student/interview questions  (Read 555 times)

• my name is jonas
  • Liked: 0
spousal visa/student/interview questions
« on: May 26, 2005, 09:37:28 PM »
I've been reading here for awhile but I am confused about a few things.

Quickly, my DH is the British Citizen and currently in the UK job-seeking.  I have been accepted to Uni in the UK and will join him once he has a job and flat.  I plan to work part-time to cover some of my tuition.

1.  Is my being a student going to adversely affect my settlement visa application?

and

2.  When you use the e-fasttrack option, is it necessary to go for an interview?  I was under the impression that you just send in the necessary documentation and go on about your merry way.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
had a bit of a wobble.

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: spousal visa/student/interview questions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 10:36:56 PM »
Your student status should have no effect on your spousal application.  You're going to have to prove you have the funds to pay for school and that you and your hubs can support yourselves. 

I have a student visa and did fasttrack.  No interview was necessary but I don't know about for LLR visas.  I simply mailed all my docs in and they said they would contact me if they had questions or needed to speak to me about anything. l
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 09:02:16 AM »
No interview is required.  Sometimes they'll call to schedule a phone interview, but I've never heard of anyone having to go to the consulate (unless they applied in person).

• my name is jonas
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 03:12:48 PM »
thanks for the replies!
had a bit of a wobble.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab