Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP with filing the petition for my alien (got that right!) relative (husband)  (Read 398 times)

• Liked: 0
OK...I have been in the UK "legally" since January, tho the twins and I "moved" here this past Aug. on a visitor visa. (We all went back at Christmas and got married, got our visas in New York and flew back.) We are going back to the states this Sunday for a few weeks to attend my older son's high school graduation. While there I would like to post my petition for my alien relative. I don't want to do anything incorrectly, so please bear with me while I explain a bit, thanks!

We were hoping to be here for a few years so that I could apply for his visa while here in the UK (need/or encouraged to be here in UK for a few years, right?) but my daughter has decided that she does NOT want to move here, and as we are planning on this procedure taking up to a year (need records from Russia etc, which can take a while), we have decided to go ahead and apply now as it is best for all involved. I will still be living here in the UK while the petition is being processed, is this ok? (I mean, I am coming back after my two-week visit.)

I was advised a few months ago from someone on this board that I could still post the petition from the US, since technically, I am still a citizen of the US. Is this correct? I work as a supply teacher here and have a NIN etc...but still own my home in the US. I just don't want to do anything illegal.

I was just going over the paperwork I need to post, and on question #21 of the form I-130 it asks about the last place we lived together as husband/wife (our current home in UK) but the second part of the questions wants to know FROM what month and year TO what month and year. I don't know what to put? Jan 2005 was my first entry into the UK with my spousal visa so that would be the start date I assume, even though we were here before, but should I just put something like "presently" or something under the "TO" space?

Is it ok to go this route?

Thanks for any input!

Sponsored Links