Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: When to apply for ILR???  (Read 810 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
When to apply for ILR???
« on: May 30, 2005, 09:08:22 PM »
I'm in the UK on a spouse visa.  I entered the UK on the 31st of August 2003.  My FLR expires on July 31st  2005(i.e., one month short of 2 years in the UK). 

I was planning on doing the application in person in Croydon.  I'm now confused about the date which is relevant for the ILR application (and the "don't apply until 4 weeks before" restriction).  Is it in fact the entry date?  If so, will I have to fork over 2X500 quid? (one for an extension and one for ILR?)?   ???

Thanks for any insights!
Ginger

• Liked: 8
Re: When to apply for ILR???
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »
You apply four weeks before your FLR/LLR expires, so round about the beginning of July 2005. 

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 09:34:04 PM »
I'm in the UK on a spouse visa.  I entered the UK on the 31st of August 2003.  My FLR expires on July 31st  2005(i.e., one month short of 2 years in the UK). 

Acrobat captured from another forum into pdf format:  http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/ilr-thread.pdf  I am posting as "valence"...

It is worth a read cuz you are in a similar situation...

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 08:17:57 AM »

Acrobat captured from another forum into pdf format:  http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/ilr-thread.pdf  I am posting as "valence"...

It is worth a read cuz you are in a similar situation...

Garry:
Thanks for the info.  Very interesting....  I realized that the situation was not straightforward, but wow!  I am indeed working to document IND input regarding timing and hopefully will not have to pay twice...  Wish I had all this information when I was applying for my visa.

All the best!

Sponsored Links