Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ilr being denied?  (Read 754 times)

• finally home
  • Liked: 0
Ilr being denied?
« on: May 30, 2005, 10:03:25 PM »
I have applied by post for my Ilr visa.
I recieved a letter saying that they have recieved my application and fee etc...... (insert normal reply stuff)
I was curious if anyone knows if anything would be reason for them to refuse or deny a ilr visa application
I dont atticipate being refused but i am abit worried over the funds part that they will require as reasonable.
My wife and i make about £1,300. or so a month (my wage varies)
I provided all the proof of address things ( i.e letters and even one from my mp) along with the rest they wanted (bank statements, wage statements etc...)

Not seen much about refusals online so am curious as to how often they refuse visa's and why
perhaps i'm just nervous?

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: Ilr being denied?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:28:44 PM »
I haven't done ILR yet but can't imagine that £1300/mo would be grounds to refuse you. Unless your rent/mortgage is sky-high, that should be more than enough to pay average bills.

Try to relax, I know it's really stressful though!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• finally home
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:32:44 PM »
Thanks i guess i over stress
I know with my dealings at la embassy they can be very picky
altho my flr went thru no problem, i dont anticipate any problems with the ilr
just curious as to see if anyones had any problems with it i guess

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 10:53:55 PM »
You'll be fine on 1,300 a month.  It is a stressful time.  Many of us have been there and shaking in our boots.  You and your wife will be fine. 

Keep us posted when you hear back from the HO!

Hang in there!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 10:59:28 PM »
I understand the stress! I'm currently compiling my stuff to apply this month. I'm going to make an appt at Croydon myself and I will be this nervous until I have my ILR in my hand, I think.

Keep us posted and try to relax! (Pot calling kettle black! hehe)

Jen

• finally home
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 12:00:37 AM »
thanks everyone, personally i think its a conspiracy by the home office to give us all grey hairs lol (joke)
it could be a few weeks to 2 months for an approval depending on what they want further info on if any
i dont anticipate them wanting anything further but you never know
fingers crossed
oh good luck jeenydee before i forget (no groin kick please haha)
being sarcastic today i think, my apologies

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 07:42:07 AM »
thanks everyone, personally i think its a conspiracy by the home office to give us all grey hairs lol (joke)
it could be a few weeks to 2 months for an approval depending on what they want further info on if any
i dont anticipate them wanting anything further but you never know
fingers crossed
oh good luck jeenydee before i forget (no groin kick please haha)
being sarcastic today i think, my apologies

I did my application by post as well.  I remember the stress.  Mine did take 2 months (it was posted in August and I'll get half the staff were on holiday), but oh, the feeling when you get that thick envelope back and know all your documents are back - safe and sound. 

Wishing you both a speedy application process.

Sponsored Links