Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HURRAY! HUZZAH! WOO-HOO! HALLELUJAH! I GOT IT!!!  (Read 1486 times)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
  • Liked: 0
HURRAY! HUZZAH! WOO-HOO! HALLELUJAH! I GOT IT!!!
« on: November 02, 2004, 04:26:53 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am sitting here, shaking.  The hot tears of fear and sadness that have plagued me since leaving England and the warm arms of my husband have been replaced with the refreshing release of tears of surpassing joy!  I’m coming home!

10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, Tuesday Morning, Nov. 2, I was woken by the sound of the doorbell.  Owing to the fact that sleep has been my primary “escape route” since landing in Orlando last Wednesday, I actually debated whether to get up and answer it.  I debated for all of about 1.2 seconds.  I was hoping against hope.  Surely, they couldn’t have done it that fast (I was terrified, after all, that they wouldn’t do it at all…~~sigh~~ O, me of little faith).  I had sent in my application and supporting documents immediately after getting off the plane and through customs on Wednesday.  No 10 working days wait, no telephone interview.  I ran to the door, peeked out the shade, and saw the FedEx truck.  My heart started to leap through my chest.  I yanked the door open as fast as I could, signed the paper on the clipboard (the pen didn’t want to work, LOL, the FedEx bloke said it was ok, and I had managed to get out half of my last name). I ran back to the bed that had been my prison and my escape, and gently – as not to disturb the contents – ripped open the package (how does one gently rip?  Don’t know, but I did it), and let everything slip out neatly into my hand.  Well, everything came rushing out except for my husband’s passport and mine, and it was, of course, my passport that I was so anxious to see.  I reached in and pulled it out.  With trembling fingers I opened it up, AND THERE IT WAS!  My UK spousal visa!!!

I just had to share this very joyous news with all of you who have been not only supportive but so informative during this time.  If it was not for UKY, I don’t know where I’d be right now.  UKY is a Godsend, indeed.

Now, for those of you that have yet to apply for your UK spousal visa, I hope this proves to be encouragement for you.  I was concerned about some things because I didn’t have everything that everyone said I needed, namely, the fact that I had no “evidence of funds available to me”.  I have no bank account and have not worked “a real job” in a couple of years, and I was concerned that this would pose a problem, or, at the least that they would call me to question me about it. 

I am just so happy, and “happy” is an understatement.  My husband is my life, the reason I breathe.  To know, to have the assurance, that I will be returning to him – and soon – is such a relief, such overwhelming joy.

YAY!!!!!!!!   
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

Re: HURRAY! HUZZAH! WOO-HOO! HALLELUJAH! I GOT IT!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 04:32:40 PM »
I am very happy for you :D

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 04:36:21 PM »
Congratulations!!

All the very best of wishes as you continue your new life together with your hubby- in the UK!

I sure know the feelings of relief and joy very well- My Spousal Visa visit to the Embassy in NYC was by far more stressful for me than even moving over to the UK the first time!

You've done it all now! The rest is easy peasy!  ;D

Jen  ;D

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 04:39:35 PM »
Congrats!   :D  I was stressed about my visa too and when the FedEx truck arrived, I was ecstatic!
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 06:12:19 PM »
Oh, I'm SO pleased for you! I saw the headline on this post and just sat here and smiled for a minute. I really am happy for you! Now book that ticket back "home" ASAP!

• When I leave England, I'll miss my garden & view
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 06:25:52 PM »
Congratulations!

You sound so happy, I'm nearly crying tears of joy myself!

I'm very happy for you.
"Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens." -
Douglas Jerrold

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 06:32:16 PM »
YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

I'm so happy for you!
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

• Journal
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 06:33:08 PM »
Hooray!  I saw the title and grinned, too. 

Now get your bum back over here to the UK!  :D
"I will do this.  Nothing in my life matters except this.  I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment."  -Raistlin Majere

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 06:46:15 PM »
 ;D The flight was already booked before I left England; since they ask you for your itinerary, Jamie went ahead and got me a flight.  I wasn't sure how long it would take (and was so afraid that I might not get it at all...all that fear seems so silly now), so we booked a flight back the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  ARRGGGHHH...now I have to WAIT!  LOL...but, I can handle the wait now.  It was the not knowing that was getting to me.  I'll spend Thanksgiving with my family, stuff myself with Turkey and pumpkin pie, and then I'll be coming home to my Jamie's arms!  YAY!!!!!!
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 06:47:42 PM »
That's wonderful! So.......when are you heading home? (Sitting here smiling!)

Warmly, Geally

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 06:49:31 PM »
ooops, noticed your last post as I was posting mine asking when you were flying back...well, atleast you can enjoy your visit with friends and family now that you know it is just a VISIT and afterwards you're heading HOME!

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 03:49:56 PM »
Hey songmistress!

I have read your story so many times i've lost count and i am just like the way u used to be worried sick to my stomach coz i am not sure if they will give me a visa! although i have a bank account  i have no savings and i am so scared that they might turn me dowm based on "insufficient funds" ....???? I wanna be able to go to the UK to join my husband as we were only together for 5mnths after getting married!!! I miss hm dearly.. I am praying day and night that my story gets a happy endinglike so many others i've read on here!

How i wish i were u guys right now!!! :-[

• Liked: 8
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 03:55:27 PM »
Has anyone heard from Songmistress/Autumn lately?  Her profile says she hasn't been around since Feb!   ???

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 02:41:59 AM »
Has anyone heard from Songmistress/Autumn lately?  Her profile says she hasn't been around since Feb!   ???

I wondered the same thing. She use to play the games quite a bit.  Last time she wrote it was about housing,perhaps she moved.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 03:03:45 AM »
Congrats!
I can hear the angels singing...
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab