Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Apostile! Is it that necessary?  (Read 790 times)

• Married March 21,2005!!!
    • My Myspace page
  • Liked: 0
Apostile! Is it that necessary?
« on: April 30, 2005, 05:22:46 PM »
I have heard that if you are married in the US  you need an apostile as well as ur marriage certificate and liscense for everything to be recognized in the UK. IS this true? I Sent off for one, but i thought all you had to do was write a letter. HA HA I forgot to put in my marriage Certificate. DUH so i have to do that now. but is it manditory.
 I found this out through a mailing list i am on when I coudlnt get on here.
Help me please someone.
  I just want everything to go as smoothly as possible.
  Shala
Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Patrick Mulcrone. March 21,2005.  :) Temporarily back in the USA! Missing him! If you need advice I am here for you!

• Liked: 8
Re: Apostile! Is it that necessary?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 07:04:07 PM »
Unless this is a very new requirement, I'd say no.  Your marriage certificate (with a raised seal) should be enough when you apply for your spousal visa.  The same goes for getting bank accounts, proof of identity, CRB check, etc., -- any time I've provided my marriage certificate as evidence for something, that's all they've needed.

The link below spells out the spousal visa application process (if you're applying in person at the NYC consulate.)

• My Myspace page
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 07:26:09 PM »
thank you.. i am so nervous. I dont think i should be. we have tons of things.

I just aaaaaaaaaah i have one other post to make just to be sure everything is oin order.. i know eveyrone is tired of me LOL but i want to make sure evrything goes well :)
 I want to see him as soon as possible.
  and get things rolling.
Shala
Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Patrick Mulcrone. March 21,2005.  :) Temporarily back in the USA! Missing him! If you need advice I am here for you!

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 07:28:49 PM »
The spousal visa is, in my opinion, a doddle.  If Patrick can support you until you get a job and the two of you have a reasonable place to live, you'll be just fine.  :)

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 07:41:19 PM »
Try to relax Shala.   :)  I'm sure you're fine.  Just have everything organized and have a checklist of everything you need.  I'm sure you'll be fine.

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 08:11:15 PM »
I have heard that if you are married in the US  you need an apostile as well as ur marriage certificate and liscense for everything to be recognized in the UK. IS this true?

This is wrong. 

The US and UK had a Doctrine of Comity treaty since before WW2; and moreover, both countries are signatories to the Hague Convention on Recognition of Marriage and Divorce.

An apostile is needed if the applicant is from a non-Hague country, like Belarus.

Of interest to me, Shala, along with the flight ticket stuff, where are reading this nonsense?

• My Myspace page
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 08:41:50 PM »
 :-[  i got it from this yahoo group i am in...
 i  was not sure. i just want everything to go smoothly :)

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 10:03:36 PM »
:-[  i got it from this yahoo group i am in...
 i  was not sure. i just want everything to go smoothly :)

Would you be kind enough to pm me the name of that yahoo group?

• My Myspace page
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 07:38:37 PM »
I am on so many groups. But its some group fr just women. ANd someoen told me to order an Aposttile.   Just in case.  :) 
  so i did, but i forgot to add my certificate LOL SUH!  Shala

Sponsored Links