Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question RE:settlement visa additional forms.  (Read 575 times)

• Liked: 0
Question RE:settlement visa additional forms.
« on: May 03, 2005, 07:21:27 PM »

just a quick question for you .. when you send an application for settlement visa (spousal)
for UK and they sent a letter back requesting more docs from you do they start to count the 10 days from when they receive the documents first or the second time you sent them the other documents they wanted? does it delay when they ask you for more docs...?
and if there was something wrong they would reply quickly wouldn't they?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 08:16:24 PM by Mindy »

Re: QUESTION FOR GARRY!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 08:11:53 PM »
Hi Garry,

just a quick question for you .. when you send an application for settlement visa (spousal)
for UK and they sent a letter back requesting more docs from you do they start to count the 10 days from when they receive the documents first or the second time you sent them the other documents they wanted? does it delay when they ask you for more docs...?
and if there was something wrong they would reply quickly wouldn't they?

It starts on the business day that immediately follows the date of the letter.  So if the letter were dated last Friday, the period began this morning.   Upon receipt their letter, you would (hopefully) fax them back thanking them for their correspondence and confirming when they can expect delivery further to it.  It's ok to send a copy of your fax via email, but the original should be faxed in any event.  In the situation where an advisor is handling it, they may opt to call and sort it out on the phone before they write a letter.  But they won't do that if they already wrote the letter to you first.

NOTE:  That's if they want something.  If you (i.e., anybody here) get a letter that your app has been unsuccessful in the Initial Consideration Unit and they are making a referral on it, that's just a courtesy notification.  You can safely ignore those. 

• Liked: 0
Re: QUESTION FOR GARRY!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 08:28:13 PM »
It starts on the business day that immediately follows the date of the letter.  So if the letter were dated last Friday, the period began this morning.   Upon receipt their letter, you would (hopefully) fax them back thanking them for their correspondence and confirming when they can expect delivery further to it.  It's ok to send a copy of your fax via email, but the original should be faxed in any event.  In the situation where an advisor is handling it, they may opt to call and sort it out on the phone before they write a letter.  But they won't do that if they already wrote the letter to you first.

NOTE:  That's if they want something.  If you (i.e., anybody here) get a letter that your app has been unsuccessful in the Initial Consideration Unit and they are making a referral on it, that's just a courtesy notification.  You can safely ignore those. 

THEY SAID THAT IN ORDER TO FINISH THE PROCESSING OF MY APPLICATION THEY NEEDED TO HAVE THOSE DOCS WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF THE LETTER. I SENT THE DOCS LAST WEEK ON MONDAY SO WHEN DOES THE PROCESSING START?TUESDAY MAYBE? AND IF EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN?

Sponsored Links