Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Easy Spousal Visa question  (Read 522 times)

• Liked: 0
Easy Spousal Visa question
« on: July 06, 2007, 05:49:38 PM »
I started filling out the online application, and came to a page where it asked for flight information. I haven't booked tickets for the trip over at the end of August yet. Will I be able to complete and send off the application without that information?

thanks,
- Matt

Re: Easy Spousal Visa question
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:50:34 PM »
I think you can just give an estimated travel date.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 06:10:52 PM »
sarah's right.  but note that they might post-date the visa to start on that date exactly, and you won't be able to enter before then. 

Also, it is extremely important to enter the UK within 28 days of the start date printed on a spousal visa, so plan accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 06:41:30 PM by andrea. »
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 09:24:14 PM »
Great. Our date is pretty firm (Aug 27th...woot!  ;D), but I haven't found 'that' special deal on tickets yet.

They can post date it as long as they want, as long as she can get in and get the kids sleep patterns adjusted before school starts on Sept. 3rd. Otherwise there will be hell to pay, and I'll be glad to be back in the US again.... :)
- Matt

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 09:42:14 PM »
OK, that one was obviously too easy for you lot. Try this one...

My wife and kids will stay with my parents for the first six weeks or so, while I come back to the States to finish up the house and car sales, get the last minute storage items put away and generally tidy up all the loose ends (not to mention continue working until a bit closer to my anticipated UK start date of Oct 1). I believe I need to include a letter in the supporting documents from my parents, stating their ownership of their property, rooms enough for everyone, and willingness to accommodate them for as long as is required. Am I correct in this assumption? Do they need to include and supporting evidence with the letter (mortgage company statement, etc)?
- Matt

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 09:50:59 PM »
they need to supply proof that they own the house.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »

I believe I need to include a letter in the supporting documents from my parents, stating their ownership of their property, rooms enough for everyone, and willingness to accommodate them for as long as is required. Am I correct in this assumption? Do they need to include and supporting evidence with the letter (mortgage company statement, etc)?

Yes, they need to provide this letter and they should include all the evidence, including evidence of the size of the house.  Although this may not be asked for by the ECO in the US, it is essential elsewhere in the world, so it is best to include it if you can.

Vicky

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »
So my dad is sending a letter, and a copy of the land registry records that shows them as the clear owners of the property. They don't have a mortgage any more, so that was the best thing we could come up with. The rest of our application is fairly straightforward, so hopefully that will be sufficient.

Thanks for the replies...
- Matt

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab