Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Massachusetts Girl in Hemel Hempstead  (Read 584 times)

• Liked: 0
Massachusetts Girl in Hemel Hempstead
« on: March 29, 2004, 12:09:28 PM »
Hello to all
I moved out here last May from Framingham, Massachusetts area.  My employer has a branch office here and asked me to come out.  In November, I agreed to extend my stay and they got me a work permit thats good until May 2005.
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  I was really homesick when I arrived but have met some good people...although every time I go home and come back I get homesick all over again!!
Looking forward to exploring this site and meeting fellow yanks...
;D

• Why a duck?
Re: Massachusetts Girl in Hemel Hempstead
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 01:07:23 PM »
Hi, MoggyMay.

Welcome!  I'm still in Boston, but I'll be moving this summer.  The folks here are the greatest.  They are full of information or will just lend an ear when you one.  Wander around the site and jump in where you like.   Chris

When I find a funnier sig than twistedncynical's, it will be here.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 03:54:14 PM »
Hi MoggyMay and welcome.  I am very happy to see that you found us and trust me this is a great place to come for homesickness.  I think even those that are the most happy in the UK still have moments of missing certain things.

I look forward to your future posts and welcome to UKY!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 07:12:15 PM »
Hi and Welcome to UKY MoggyMay! You will find that this is a great *quick fix* for homesickness  ;D Glad to have you here.
Melissa

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 07:33:54 PM »
Hi MoggyMay great to meet you.  I'm glad you'll be sharing your story as well here.  So many of us are moving over for love that it really puts a different spin on moving for a job.   Your coping skills will need to be a bit different so you have a new spin on what some others have been going thru.  Glad you are here.  Welcome
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 11:14:47 PM »
Hey - I'm moving for a job from Watertown, MA this summer...I'd love to hear more about your experience especially as it is work related and not relationship related.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 03:18:16 PM »
hiya and welcome :)
i'm not too far away from you..i'm currently living in st albans with my partner :)
this site should hopefully give you some comfort in reading about other americans living here..

best of luck to you:)

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 04:57:57 PM »
 Hiya MoggyMay and welcome to UKY  :)Ditto on what everyone else has told you about the blues of missing home.This really is a great place as you will find out ;D

Rhia

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 04:58:03 PM »
A bit off topic for this particular thread but Congratulations Lunar! How wonderful for you and your soon to be hubby.  Best of luck on your wedding and your new baby son.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 05:09:24 PM »
A bit off topic for this particular thread but Congratulations Lunar! How wonderful for you and your soon to be hubby.  Best of luck on your wedding and your new baby son.

awwww...thank you so much:):)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab