Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: See's won't ship to me.  (Read 521 times)

• Liked: 0
See's won't ship to me.
« on: September 17, 2004, 11:25:57 AM »
 :(

I'm so bummed.  I made my custom box on their website, put the quantity at 3 and entered my 'foreign address' as instructed but no, they won't ship here.

Here's what they said:

We are sorry but, due to warm conditions, we cannot deliver chocolate product to any foreign countries and certain other addresses. Our special packaging does not protect the chocolates long enough to cover the transit time required to make these deliveries.

Warm weather?  Where? ;)  Not in my village.

Wonder how I can get around this...does anyone know?  I have a US address they could ship to and then that shipment would be forwarded to me but maybe everything would be melted.  I once ordered four Entenmann's cakes and the frosting was all melted when it arrived and that was just a three day shipment.

• Liked: 8
Re: See's won't ship to me.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 11:37:07 AM »
I know of lots of mail order companies that have the same policy--no international shipping during the summer time (even though it's FAR from summer up here right now!).  I'd suggest you call them and see when they start international shipping again.  I'd bet by around October or so.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 11:43:43 AM »
Thank you!  Let's hope I can wait until October if that is the case.  They will ship me fudge as that isn't excluded from the 'warm weather months'.  I don't get but hey, I'll take the fudge!

I've contacted them via email and I'll post whatever I learn, in case there are others desperately seeking See's.

If only I was an expat in HK or Japan, where there are physical stores. ;D  But then it'd be something else I'd crave, eh?

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 11:45:08 AM »
If only I was an expat in HK or Japan, where there are physical stores. ;D But then it'd be something else I'd crave, eh?

Speaking of...anybody know if Taco Bell will ship internationally?   ;)

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 03:20:46 PM »
One of those American food sites can get ya a Jack in the Box taco, if that would help. ;)  Some of those sites are pretty funny.

I have more info from See's (I know you are all just dying to know):

Our Shipping Department determines when to discontinue warm weather shipping based on national weather patterns.  Generally, warm weather packaging is required
through late September / mid October.

Mid October?  Generally?  Argh.  What if the weather patterns really suck and it's into Nov?

Sigh.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 09:15:36 AM »
I used to work for a shipping company and there are many candy places that have the same policy of not shipping on warm weather. You have to remember that it may not be warm where you are but it's still summer in the states and they'd have to ship from their dock to another dock and then it would sit until it reached a ship or airline and God knows how warm those places can be. You might want to contact them again in November and see if they have a waiver of release you can sign releasing them of damages. I do know a lady from New York that used to have her Bagels shipped to her via Fed Ex from NYC to Los Angeles.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab