Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Binge worthy TV  (Read 5068 times)

• Liked: 4990
Binge worthy TV
« on: September 22, 2021, 05:49:09 PM »
2021, second year of a pandemic, we all watch tv differently than when this website began, so let’s get a new refreshed thread going!

Few good one shows recently.

Netflix - Squid Games
It’s BONKERS. No idea who thinks of these concepts. But really great to watch, totally sucked into their world. Based on gambling addiction. Fantastic production. It’s a South Korean programme and we watched it dubbed in English. I plan to rewatch in native Korean and actors voices with English subtitles. I suspect it’s even better that way.

Netflix - Clickbait. We really liked that this was someone else’s perspective with each episode. Also loved that it was “one and done” with no cliff hangers for another season.

What should we watch now?  Have the usual suspects of Netflix, Prime, and apps for most major channels. We don’t have Sky. 

• Liked: 1894
Re: Binge worthy TV
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 10:18:50 AM »
How about Bridgerton?  It's a totally stupid romance novel drama from history but I was totally hooked.  The amount of sex and nudity definitely ramps up in later episodes.  On Netflix.  It helps if you know Bath since some of it was shot there. 

We've been watching Vigil lately, the Submarine police procedural.  Fun for the whole family.  And then there's Ted Lasso, shot near my house and won all the awards. 

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 04:00:19 PM »
I just finished Squid Game.. I didn't think it would be my cup of tea but I loved it, although it was difficult to watch at times!  I became really quite invested in the characters.
Thanks for the tip KFD!

The fourth and final season of Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton and a spectacularly good Nina Arianda is now on Prime. Hope it's as good as the earlier seasons!

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 04:27:45 PM »
I just finished Squid Game.. I didn't think it would be my cup of tea but I loved it, although it was difficult to watch at times!  I became really quite invested in the characters.
Thanks for the tip KFD!

The fourth and final season of Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton and a spectacularly good Nina Arianda is now on Prime. Hope it's as good as the earlier seasons!

Weird, huh?  Definitely hard to watch at times.  But definite escapism tv (forget your day sucked in). I need something else.  ;D

• Liked: 387
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 12:43:10 PM »
I just finished Squid Game, and would be lying if I didn't admit that some binging occurred.  ;)

What a ride!

My colleagues have watched it, and some of them are absolutely determined to get others into it.  Our whole team talks about it.  Death game plots usually aren't my cup of tea, but I was really drawn into this series. 

DH is insisting he wouldn't like it, but I think he should at least give the first episode a try.  He didn't think he would like Kingdom, but ended up loving it.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »
Should we watch Kingdom?

We are desperate for more substance. Married at first sight isn’t cutting it.  ;D

• Liked: 387
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 06:03:29 PM »
Should we watch Kingdom?

I highly recommend Kingdom! 

My sister watched it, then got my dad hooked, who then got me hooked!  I spread the joy to DH and my work colleagues, who went on a total binge and finished the series before I was able to.

• Liked: 958
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 06:33:02 PM »
It's not a TV show, but the most joyful thing I've watched this year was Everybody's Talking About Jamie on Prime. A bit over produced in spots, but one of the better musical to movie conversions I've seen.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »

Netflix - Squid Games

If you liked Squid Games, you might also enjoy Alice in Borderland. It's a Japanese one but has a similar type of theme (but also is very different).

I highly recommend Kingdom! 

We watched that until we ran out of seasons. Think they put out more episodes since and we just haven't caught up but really enjoyed it as well.

We just finished marathoning squid games ourselves and we're more than halfway through Giri / Haji which I do highly recommend. Takes place between London and Tokyo where a cop has to go to London to try to find his brother and bring him home. It's got lots of crime and action and yakuza while also having a good dramatic story. The acting - I think - is verryy good.

TV shows specifically that I have on my list to watch that I haven't had a chance to start yet:
the new season of YOU
  Maid
Midnight Mass
The Chair
[/list]

Everything else on my list is more or less films or documentaries lol.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 07:48:52 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation everyone!  Get to add some spice to my life.  ;D

• Liked: 585
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 09:24:07 AM »
I just finished Squid Game, and would be lying if I didn't admit that some binging occurred.  ;)

What a ride!

My colleagues have watched it, and some of them are absolutely determined to get others into it.  Our whole team talks about it.  Death game plots usually aren't my cup of tea, but I was really drawn into this series. 

DH is insisting he wouldn't like it, but I think he should at least give the first episode a try.  He didn't think he would like Kingdom, but ended up loving it.

I tried watching Squid Game, but couldn't even make it through the first episode... maybe i should try again?

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2021, 12:46:15 PM »
I tried watching Squid Game, but couldn't even make it through the first episode... maybe i should try again?

It's possible it's just not to your taste.  But my husband, who usually waits years for really popular/trending series to stop trending before he watches them, chose to check it out last week.  We ended up binging it in a couple of days.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2021, 01:47:05 PM »

It is weird. It’s possible it’s just not for you.

I couldn’t get far into Game of Thrones. Not everything jives with everyone. I also didn’t get the fuss over Bridgerton.  ;D

• Liked: 425
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2021, 06:39:09 PM »
I’d just watch the original Magnum P.I. Or even the original Macgyver!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2021, 06:58:34 PM »
I’d quite like to watch the Sopranos because I never did but don’t know how/where to watch (without specifically buying).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab