Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 412344 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #6960 on: May 08, 2019, 09:29:32 AM »
I passed!!  Whee! That sucked so much.  5 hour exam, full of all kinds of engineering stuff. The pass rate is usually 65% and goodness knows how many of them are actually second, third time takers.  But I passed.  Relief.

Whoa, I didn't realize it was such a challenging exam when you mentioned it last week.  Now my glib "you don't need it, but good luck" response (or whatever I said) sounds rather insensitive.  But congratulations!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #6961 on: May 08, 2019, 11:35:43 AM »
Thanks thanks  ;D
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6962 on: May 08, 2019, 03:05:50 PM »
Congrats PB!!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #6963 on: May 08, 2019, 03:17:18 PM »
Thanks!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #6964 on: May 10, 2019, 09:55:49 AM »
First!  (I think... how quickly can I type?)

My five:

1.  Last weekend, my husband and I poured concrete to widen a patio space in our back garden.  Photo attached... excuse the mess.  The whole project is a work in progress.

2.  I've just about recovered from last weekend.

3.  I have unlocked the mystery of the Aldi egg custard tarts.  Yesterday I was able to buy three boxes!  My husband laughed and accused me of trying to prevent other people from having any.  I was just thinking four day weekend...

4.  My husband has another four-day weekend!  He spends more time at home than at work now, and it's giving me a taste of what retirement is eventually going to be like.  I really wish we could win the lottery, or something, so that retirement starts now!  But in the meantime, I'll enjoy these frequent long weekends and random days off.

5.  We were bored of all the same food lately, so on Wednesday, I fried some homemade chicken nuggets (seasoned flour - egg - seasoned flour, fry), and we made our take on potato croquettes using a panko crust.  Both turned out better than expected considering we "winged" it.  I have decided panko makes the best coating ever.  Attached is a photo of the croquettes before they went into the fryer.  Sadly, we didn't photograph the perfectly golden brown light and crispy joy that came out.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 10:01:32 AM by jfkimberly »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #6965 on: May 10, 2019, 10:17:12 AM »
Ooh JFKimberly, egg custard tarts. Mmmm

Friday!! 

1.) Finally, new office space is open.  Will have daylight, and a space bigger than 3 ft square and I won't hit people from all directions here at the moment if I put my arms out.  And a cupboard so I don't have to have boxes stacked under my feet.   [smiley=computer.gif]

2.) 10th Anniversary Bash for one of the bands I play in. We've come a long long long way!   [smiley=guitarist.gif]
https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/get-your-dancing-shoes-cromarty-urged-as-band-returns-for-big-anniversary-bash-177629/?fbclid=IwAR2JRvXvt2QNgFWVoHRmySiPzxHqIrgbIN1Cuwf82DKAmy7PZEWcOMrQD84

3.) I've gone and done something to my back and it's f'n killing me. I have Rx Naproxen for another condition, so it's my friend at the moment    :\\\'(

4.) Hope to do some gardening this weekend if my back stops playing up.  [smiley=daisy.gif]

5.) Is it a cold or is it just allergies?  Something messing with me today.  I'm going for allergies.  Achooo.   [smiley=dead.gif]
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6966 on: May 10, 2019, 10:30:29 AM »
FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!  FRIDAY!

1.  Sent the boy to nursery today.  I *think* he turned a corner yesterday but was hard to tell this morning.  He managed to stay awake for a 4 hour stretch though (yesterday).  But he can sleep at nursery if he needs to.

2.  I'm going into London tonight to see Kelsey Grammer in Man of La Mancha with a couple of pals. 

3.  My girl had her first school trip yesterday to a farm.  She loved it.  Her favorite part was the coach ride there and back. 

4.  On Sunday, she cut her hair.  The entire left side.  She doesn't have much hair to begin with people.  Tomorrow I take her to a hairdresser to see what they can do.  It's taken time, but I'm recovering from the shock.   ;D

5.  I managed to not kill her for cutting her hair, which is a win in parenting as far as I'm concerned!

« Reply #6967 on: May 10, 2019, 10:51:50 AM »
Ooh JFKimberly, egg custard tarts. Mmmm

1.) Finally, new office space is open.  Will have daylight, and a space bigger than 3 ft square and I won't hit people from all directions here at the moment if I put my arms out.  And a cupboard so I don't have to have boxes stacked under my feet.   [smiley=computer.gif]

3.) I've gone and done something to my back and it's f'n killing me. I have Rx Naproxen for another condition, so it's my friend at the moment    :\\\'(

Oooh, stretch those arms out and spin!  Um... when your back is feeling better, that is!  Until then, naproxen and egg custard tarts!  Or just the naproxen.  :)

1.  Sent the boy to nursery today.  I *think* he turned a corner yesterday but was hard to tell this morning.  He managed to stay awake for a 4 hour stretch though (yesterday).  But he can sleep at nursery if he needs to.

4.  On Sunday, she cut her hair.  The entire left side.  She doesn't have much hair to begin with people.  Tomorrow I take her to a hairdresser to see what they can do.  It's taken time, but I'm recovering from the shock.   ;D

5.  I managed to not kill her for cutting her hair, which is a win in parenting as far as I'm concerned!

I'm glad he's improved enough that you were comfortable sending him to nursery.  I am really starting to worry about him, too.  Have there been any answers from any tests?

Oh, man... I've missed so much this week!  I did not know about your parenting win!  (And yes, not killing her is a win, even if hair does grow back... eventually!)  Be sure to take photos (of the "haircut" and the fix).

• Liked: 677
« Reply #6968 on: May 10, 2019, 01:25:42 PM »

Reminds me of the day the Daughter discovered the green magic marker. Even cold-cream wouldn't get it off of her. She was very thorough in applying it to her face and the rest of her.  It was epic.  ;D

This, too, shall pass, KF!  ;D

« Reply #6969 on: May 10, 2019, 01:40:18 PM »
Nearly forgot it was Friday! This has been the longest Monday of a short week ever!

1. Got a job interview at 4 today (and have had barely any time to prep because this week has been absolutely jam packed!). Hoping I do alright and that my mind doesn't go absolutely blank and that I can cram a quick prep before going but I am on back-to-back calls today while also being asked to present to our new starters just before I go by my line manager yesterday afternoon!).

2. I've got my appointment for my biometrics for my Naturalisation application tomorrow at noon. Everything is all pulled together and I've uploaded my docs. All I can do is wait!

3. My hairdresser (that I've not actually used yet) as rescheduled on me for the SECOND time. In fairness, she's not feeling well after she went away for the long weekend and I could do with a bit more freedom tonight but it just makes me feel like I could've gotten an appointment with my local hairdresser even sooner if I had known! Hopefully she does do a good job when she manages to fit me in so that it's worth the wait :)

4. Went back to do measurements at what will be our house yesterday...We still love it and I honestly cannot wait! Found out what a steam shower is as well as that's what is in the master en suite and I literally cannot wait to give it a go! hahha. Our results from the survey came back and there wasn't anything too big mentioned (just a roof tile here and there mainly). Once we have some type of date, I will be more excited!

5. Work...UGH. I literally can't say anything more than "stress city". I'm just over it.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 239
« Reply #6970 on: May 10, 2019, 03:08:11 PM »
Good luck KoD!!
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #6971 on: May 10, 2019, 03:20:48 PM »
Good luck KoD!!

Thank you! My presentation to the newbies went reasonably alright I think haha so hoping the interview goes okay as well.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #6972 on: May 10, 2019, 03:21:06 PM »
My Friday Five:

1. I made it back home on Wednesday :). My flight was delayed 3.5 hours but I can't really complain, because I'm the reason for the delay (it was due to my weather forecast :P).

2.  The first leg of the flight home was pretty cool though. When the Captain called me on Monday at work for a weather update and he found out I was on the flight, he arranged for my colleague and I to sit in the jumpseat for take-off :). We ended up spending almost 3 hours in the cockpit chatting to the pilots and holding an impromptu 'customer liaison' meeting with them... then they invited us to sit in the jumpseat for landing as well :). (we also had an open invitation to go back into the cockpit whenever we wanted during the flight, though we ended up not doing so).

3. I'm enjoying the nicer weather here in the UK - it's not exceptionally warm, but it's only 6 degrees in the Falklands right now, and it's much windier there

4. Only 4 more days until I fly to Rome... just have to replenish my summer wardrobe first though (mum and I are going shopping on Sunday). I also need to find 2 dresses for weddings as well - my brother and my cousin are both getting married in September... 1 week apart!

5. I'm already 7 episodes through the new season of Lucifer on Netflix :).

« Reply #6973 on: May 10, 2019, 03:23:04 PM »
Ksand...I'm feeling chilly just READING the temperature there LOL
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6974 on: May 10, 2019, 03:31:06 PM »

2.  The first leg of the flight home was pretty cool though. When the Captain called me on Monday at work for a weather update and he found out I was on the flight, he arranged for my colleague and I to sit in the jumpseat for take-off :). We ended up spending almost 3 hours in the cockpit chatting to the pilots and holding an impromptu 'customer liaison' meeting with them... then they invited us to sit in the jumpseat for landing as well :). (we also had an open invitation to go back into the cockpit whenever we wanted during the flight, though we ended up not doing so).

This is soooooooooo cool!!!!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab