Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Took the Life in the UK test today  (Read 3407 times)

Re: Took the Life in the UK test today
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 09:32:56 PM »
If it's the one we are talking about, he has a list of test questions.  Here is his link:
http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/citqs/

TA whisper.  But just to confirm, it runs on my site, but was assembled by the good ladies at www.rupoint.co.uk and hat's off to them for doing that!

• Dharma in the Dishes
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 09:22:45 AM »
Hi everybody, I just took the test on Garry's site and got 92% correct. I think this is a good sign. It flagged up lack of knowledge about the European Union and also alerted me to 'Statutory Advisory Body', a term that has somehow slipped by me entirely! I will go back and study this stuff again. My test is booked for 7th March in Brum.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 12:27:42 PM »
Just took the test yesterday.  You have to agree not to disclose content so I wont, however I can comment on the difficulty of the test.

I had taken the questions on Garry's site as well as 9 practice exams from a book I purchased.  In my practice exams I typically saw 2 out of 24 questions I was unfamiliar with, on Garry's site I think there were around 7 I didn't know.  I knew all the answers on the actual test.

In short, don't be concerned that the test will be more difficult than practice exams, in my case it was easier.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 01:16:40 PM »
You agree not to disclose content?  But you benefitted from seeing disclosed questions on Garry's site!  Shouldn't you repay the favour?  ???

Please PM me or Garry if you want to do so in confidence.

Vicky

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 05:07:35 PM »
You agree not to disclose content?  But you benefitted from seeing disclosed questions on Garry's site!  Shouldn't you repay the favour?  ???

Vicky

Please do not pressure someone to disclose content that they have agreed not to.

I'm sure there is enough floating around anyway.

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »
As a matter of interest, what is the pass mark?  I tried Garry's sample test and despite being British I only scored 84/100, and I admit that a few of my correct answers were just lucky guesses.   (And among others I really had to force myself to put the answer to #50 that I thought was expected rather than the one I wanted to put!  ;) ).

From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 06:26:24 PM »

Not to worry Vicky, Transpondia is set up to receive a reviewer's copy of all the major study guides and we'll have no lack of quality content. 

Not disclosing content of the actual sitting makes sense because it invites leapfrogging, which will in turn attract higher testing fees.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »
I thought the quiz on Transpondia was an example of what the questions might be, based on the Home Office study guide, not questions from the actual tests.

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »
I thought the quiz on Transpondia was an example of what the questions might be, based on the Home Office study guide, not questions from the actual tests.

Sweetpeach, the thing is that it is changing to the same basic material but a different emphasis; and the whole concept was to be emerged about 4 weeks ago - so it is already late.  I perused a reviewer's copy of the new stuff and put some FAQ tips here about them.  In light of this, the current stuff on Transpondia is near-obsolete, but artefacts have value also so I'll leave it there for a few years.  And the stuff there is not based upon the study guide.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 07:25:22 PM »
I'm taking the test in a couple of weeks so I'll be taking the old version of the test.

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 07:49:52 PM »
As a matter of interest, what is the pass mark?  I tried Garry's sample test and despite being British I only scored 84/100, and I admit that a few of my correct answers were just lucky guesses.   (And among others I really had to force myself to put the answer to #50 that I thought was expected rather than the one I wanted to put!  ;) ).

I am not sure about Garry's questions but I know for the real test you have to get 18 of the 24 answers correct.
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 12:30:24 AM »

Vicky

I also assumed these were not real exam questions but rather sample questions made up based on the material.

I hate to be a geek, but when I agree not to disclose questions I keep my promise.  Trust me, the exam is easy enough that no one needs to "cheat".  Put in a little study time and you'll pass.

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »
Just to confirm what I think I know, I do have to take it to get my IRL, right? Or am I just making this up?

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 10:57:11 PM »
Your ILR yes

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 11:19:28 PM »

Sponsored Links