Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship application question  (Read 312 times)

• Dharma in the Dishes
  • Liked: 14
Citizenship application question
« on: March 14, 2007, 08:13:50 AM »
Three questions:

1. Page 26 of the guidance notes says to 'indicate in the space provided on the back of the application form what documents you have supplied and why.' Where exactly do theywant us to write? Nothing is labelled. Where do I list these things?

2. I understand that evidence of lawful residence can be my passport, of which I am sending a certified copy. However, some of the stamps in passport are not very clear--hard to read. Should I send letters from my employer in addition to the copy of my passport, just in case there's a problem because of that? Is this too cautious? Will too much paperwork just annoy the IND?

3. Is it worth having a certified copy of my marriage certificate made? Will they even accept one, or does it have to be an original?

I am meeting with the solicitor on Friday for the copies and plan to mail my application on the same day, please advise! (Ooh, one other--what's the recommended method of sending the application?)

Thanks!

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
  • Liked: 0
Re: Citizenship application question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 09:17:42 AM »
carla, if you want to ask the questions again over at a site i started a few days ago, it might get the flow easier. I know I was having some issues with things as well.  There are some great people who know a thing or two! 

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=32246.msg420017#msg420017
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 09:54:22 AM »
I sent my marriage certicate along because my passport is not in my married name.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
hey carla
have a read of this thread, might be a way of dealing with some of your questions.

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=31712.0

good luck!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab