Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BritUSA online visa website is....  (Read 464 times)

• Liked: 0
BritUSA online visa website is....
« on: March 16, 2007, 07:46:53 PM »
Sick n Poorly!!

I hope it revovers soon, or it will cause me to feel ill too!!! ;-)

Meanwhile in worry land, I'm dithering between the rental agreement I could sign right now for the property I haven't seen, or, gambling that the process will accept a 3 week holiday rental to give us time to look at properties in person, decisions, decisions .....

Happy Snow day!!

Re: BritUSA online visa website is....
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 08:03:39 PM »
As someone who has previously signed an agreement without personally inspecting a property, I urge you not to do it! I even had a friend go in my place to look it over, but he had no idea what to really look for (like check under sinks for water damage, etc), and the apartment complex almost would not let me amend the move in appraisal papers. Even though I put all of the flaws in a document and gave them a copy after I moved in and made the manager of the complex sign and date my copy, they tried to deny my security deposit when I moved out a month later (it was a short term rental) saying I had done 4 months worth of water damage, plus the other damages in only 1 month. I showed the paper and they shut right up and handed me my money. It was still a pain, and to be honest I probably wouldn't have rented the place had I looked at it myself. Pictures lie, and property managers know exactly how to take photos of a place to make it look ten times more fabulous than it is.

Anyway, that's my experience, and that was in the USA!

Is there anyone near your rental who might be willing to go give it a look over before you sign anything? Someone you trust? I should have picked a different, more mature person who knew what to look for but didn't. If you can find someone to do it, that might not be a bad idea if you think you will have no other choice.

ETA: I am in no way trying to scare you, but I think you should be safe rather than sorry later!!

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 11:16:11 PM »
Annoyingly, and telling myself it's not fate, the debate of where to list as abode is somewhat redundant, since I CAN'T get the website to load and apply online!!

Aghhhhhhhhh

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ <--------- heyulp!

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 11:10:33 AM »
Ok the website is still not up, I really need to file and get my appt in prior April 2nd, what now???

:-\\\\

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 02:21:06 PM »
Back up and running, phew

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab