Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: finances  (Read 432 times)

• Liked: 18
finances
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:37:19 PM »
I'm sure you all can imagine after a year of being a fiancee and therefore unable to work and also having a baby, paying all travel costs for my son, the wedding, etc etc, we're broke.

So, will they refuse the visa based on that, or should we explain the financial difficulties we are having are due to my being unable to work for so long, and once I have a job things will be a lot better? We are planning to have dh's parents as co-sponsors, they can quite easily meet the requirements to co-sponsor us, and this is a temporary situation while we get back on our feet.

We do not claim public funds now, nor will we need to, we just know our bank statements will not stand up to ECO scrutiny.

I'm very worried they will see only the bottom line, and not the human side of it, the fact that I have a husband and daughter here. :/ It's easy to make it seem like all's well on the outside, but inside I'm feeling physically ill at the thought of making my application :(
Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: finances
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:00:20 PM »
When you say ECO, I am assuming by what you are saying is that you are in the UK now.  In this case it is actually an IO that will be reviewing your application.  They are less looking at your current situation and more focused on the last three months of pay statements of your spouse.  They might also want to see your CV and understand your plans for a job.

The ECO was supposed to make sure you had enough money to live in the UK prior to being married and then possibly finding work.  You have passed that hurdle.  Also, realise that they have to have pretty good grounds now to basically "chuck" you out of the country because your husband can exercise his family human rights and there would be no way they would win.  They know this and will likely give you your FRL without too much of a fight.

So take a deep breath.  Just make sure you can clear the hurdle of paying the fees on the application and realise they will be going up post April 1st.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab