Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK: Terminally Ill Lockerbie Bomber Released  (Read 3618 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: UK: Terminally Ill Lockerbie Bomber Released
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2009, 07:41:41 PM »
So, essentially, your foreign policy/use of military force doctrine is "Do not interfere in other countries' affairs, unless I personally feel like we should, in which case deploy forces wherever is necessary to achieve my objective." 

That's good.  Very George W. Bush. 

But this isn't solely the affair of another country.  189 Americans died.

Hm, that sounds like your hero Bill Clinton too.  Bush's Iraqis are Clinton's Serbs.  Unlike those fools, I don't believe in taking action without provocation.  Let's not forget that the freed Libyan bomber was responsible for the deaths of 189 Americans.  In the interest of the victims, their memory, and their families - it is vital that he serve out the rest of his sentence.  If it requires drastic steps to send out strong messages to those who deliberately target Americans abroad, then so be it.
Democrats and Republicans - fiddling while Rome burns.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
If it requires drastic steps to send out strong messages to those who deliberately target Americans abroad, then so be it.

Everybody sing! 

America, fcuk yeah! 
Comin' to save the motherfcuking day, yeah! 
America, fcuk yeah! 
Freedom is the only way yeah! 
Terrorist your game is through cuz now you have to answer to
America, fcuk yeah!

- America, Fcuk Yeah! by Trey Parker

• Liked: 2
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »
Grand.  So now our Founding Fathers (and those that share their vision for America) are on the same level as Idi Amin and Pol Pot.  I see it didn't take "Progressive America" long to destroy the country!

No, I was just trying to point out in a friendly way, the arrogance inherent in your statement. I'll remember to be more blunt in future.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2009, 10:43:26 PM »
I don't recognize "international law".

To extrapolate your reasoning to it's logical conclusion...........
If you don't recognise "international law" and this crime happened outside of the US then surely the US have no jurisdiction over it either.
Or does international law only apply when it favours the US point of view (stupid question because Gitmo proves that one!)
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2009, 01:53:33 AM »
Everybody sing! 

America, fcuk yeah! 
America, fcuk yeah! 
America, fcuk yeah!

I LOVE IT! 

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2009, 02:29:37 AM »
Grand.  So now our Founding Fathers (and those that share their vision for America) are on the same level as Idi Amin and Pol Pot.  I see it didn't take "Progressive America" long to destroy the country!

At the very least it's hugely ironic that the US is complaining about a person who was tried, sentenced and humanely released according to the rule of law, unlike virtually every purported terrorist the US has imprisoned, tortured and/or assassinated since 2001.  

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:33:02 AM by Giantaxe »

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 10:52:33 AM »
I don't think Obama has done enough.  The U.S. had every right to intercept that plane, force it to land in a friendly NATO country, take Megrahi into US custody to serve out the rest of his sentence.  Why didn't our President do this?  We got a boy who never rode a bike flying a jumbo jet!

Why stop there, under Bush this would surely have been an excuse to invade Scotland...hey... they have oil there too don't they?  [smiley=cowboy.gif]

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
Hitler.

Certainly, if Goodwin's law has anything to say about it.
Everybody sing! 

America, fcuk yeah! 
America, fcuk yeah! 
America, fcuk yeah!

This song is gonna be stuck in my head all day now! Every track on that soundtrack is gold, though.

Also, we need a montage.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2009, 11:25:48 AM »
Ive been trying to find the soundtrack online as i hadn't heard it - any ideas?

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2009, 11:31:09 AM »
You should really just watch "Team America".  It's a great film, and it's the film from which the song is taken.

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 11:41:32 AM »
It's on Youtube.  First video I got under the proper spelling. 

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 12:46:51 PM »
Found it...lol...thanks

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 08:32:34 PM »
Why stop there, under Bush this would surely have been an excuse to invade Scotland...hey... they have oil there too don't they?  [smiley=cowboy.gif]

You said it.  I didn't.  And that's ridiculous.  Anyway, invading Scotland is an English trait, not an American one. :-p  Just kidding.  All I'm saying is those who target Americans should be hunted, pursued to the ends of earth and brought to justice.  If foreign governments (like the shameful example we see in the Scotland) in the world do not have the guts to even make a convicted mass murderer with American blood on his hands serve out a life sentence, then the responsibility falls to the American government to flex it's diplomatic, economic, and perhaps military muscle.  I'm not saying go around and kick the world's ass in a reckless, wanton fashion.  I just want this government of mine in D.C. to send out a message to the world that if it's citizens are harmed, those who are responsible will not get away with it.  If that requires something "ballsy" like sending some fighter jets to intercept Megrahi's plane somewhere over the Mediterranean and effectively putting an end to his dream of ever seeing his home again.  Then I would support that.  He belongs in a cell - I don't care who's cell.  In a perfect world, he would have been executed a long time ago for what he did.  But I certainly am wondering what is becoming of the world when expecting someone who killed 270 innocent people to serve a life sentence is considered "inhumane" or "cruel".  Anyway, hopefully common sense will prevail and Americans will boycott the hell out of Scotland and then the Scots, feeling the pinch, would vote that disgrace of a government of theirs out of power.

And yes, Team America is a very funny film.  You should watch it if you get a chance.  I don't think I have laughed harder in my life.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:34:32 PM by JuniorMint »
Democrats and Republicans - fiddling while Rome burns.

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2010, 08:20:45 AM »
'Flaws' in key Lockerbie evidence

An investigation by BBC's Newsnight has cast doubts on the key piece of evidence which convicted the Lockerbie bomber, Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi.

Tests aimed at reproducing the blast appear to undermine the case's central forensic link, based on a tiny fragment identified as part of a bomb timer.

The tests suggest the fragment, which linked the attack to Megrahi, would not have survived the mid-air explosion.

Interesting to see how this pans out...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8441796.stm

• Liked: 2
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2010, 02:58:20 PM »
Don't be silly.....the CIA would never do something like that.....oh.....ah.....wait a minute!

Umm haha don't tell my friend overseas in the military and protection firms this <snicker>

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab