Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Form EEA2 Questions  (Read 1375 times)

• Liked: 0
Form EEA2 Questions
« on: May 06, 2006, 06:56:52 PM »
Since I'm now a civil partner of an EU citizen, the HO informed me that I have to apply for a resdience card using form EEA2. The good news is that it is free of charge and the forms were updated on 30 April, 2006 to include civil partners. Bad news is that I can only send the application by post and it can take a maximum of 6 months to process. What I'm trying to find out is if anyone on here has gone this route and how long did it take to get everything sorted? Also, I have heard from my partner's co-worker (who's also married to an EU citizen) that while your application is being processed, you able to work right away because your married to an EU citizen. Is this true or do I have to wait until the application is processed?

• Liked: 0
Re: Form EEA2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 08:17:18 PM »
I managed to find some information on another board regarding the EEA2 and employment eligibility. After you've sent the application off to the HO, you should receive a letter confirming they recieved it and that it can take up to 6 months to process. The letter should also state that you're free to take up employment in the UK from the date of the letter while the application is being processed.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab