Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: sorry. *UPDATED*  (Read 2169 times)

• Liked: 0
sorry. *UPDATED*
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:09:25 PM »
to explain my old deleted post i was asking if anyone could comment on me getting a visa what i did was put up a list of things i was going to go to the interview with and ask if i was going to get the visa based on that i have learned i need to sort some more things out with it.

i think I'm over half way done

I'm going to sort out pictures of my wedding dress and the hall will be prebooked and a letter from whatever company i use to prove i have booked the place. and the office were i will be married and the service type i think its a civil ceremony we're having i am indeed catholic but my church requires you to go a year to church before the father will marry you.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 11:24:50 PM by clairebear »

Re: any immigration officers that post here?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 11:29:56 PM »
bump

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 11:45:29 PM »
What makes you think you WOULDN'T get his visa?  There are no IO's that post on this site that I know of.  Besides, I think it would be out of order for them to comment on your enquiry anyway.

As an aside, do you have a letter from your council saying that you have permission for your fiance to live there?  Do you have anyone who could act as a co-sponsor for you (ie your parents)? 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 12:33:28 AM »
why do i need a co-sponser?

they know hes coming to live with me i told them that when i ogot the house i was honest about him and the visa and all

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 12:35:03 AM »
im just worried all right there probably isnt a reason why he wouldnt get it

im just paranoid or whatever

• Mellowing with age.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 04:09:59 AM »
why do i need a co-sponser?

they know hes coming to live with me i told them that when i ogot the house i was honest about him and the visa and all

Just to boost your financial security.  Do you have money in savings?  You'll be totally supporting him for 6 months.  5quid an hour isn't a lot of money.  I mean, you can live on it as single person but as a couple?  Might be hard.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 11:34:29 AM »
Claire - the fact you needed to bump the post shows no IO's post here, and even if they did they would certainly not comment.

You need to actually *read* this site.  Alll your questions are answered elsewhere.  And I know that I and others have said before that you need to get documents from your parents in order to get the visa approved, so I am unclear why you are asking the same things over again.

You need to do a little more research before you make the application.  You won't get the visa on a salary of £5 per hour and nothing else.  You have also been told in depth about what you need to meet the accommodation test. 

There is little point in people here helping you if you then ignore our advice and ask the same questions over and over again.

Victoria

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 12:06:58 PM »
There is little point in people here helping you if you then ignore our advice and ask the same questions over and over again.

DFTT

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 12:15:18 PM »
What's DFTT stand for?

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 04:09:01 PM »
well your all not very nice are you?

and i can find a job that earns more have two jobs...doesnt matter to me

its a council house so what? do i need to buy my own place before they give me the visa?

im not ignoring ANYTHING i heard you all loud and clear

im sorry but maybe since this is my first time dealing in this that im a little nervous and worried i like to know what imgetting myself in for i have read the immigration sites over and over and as far as i can see theres nothing wrong with what im doing.

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 04:10:22 PM »
why do i need documents from my perents? id ont live with them

• Liked: 8
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 04:18:37 PM »
If you live in council housing, you need to have a letter from the council saying that you can have other people living with you if that's not specified in your lease (or whatever).

If you can't provide financial support for your fiance, your parents can act as co-sponsors for the application.  They can provide bank statements and a letter saying they'll help you out if need be.

• Stupid bed!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 04:38:35 PM »
well your all not very nice are you?

and i can find a job that earns more have two jobs...doesnt matter to me

its a council house so what? do i need to buy my own place before they give me the visa?

im not ignoring ANYTHING i heard you all loud and clear

im sorry but maybe since this is my first time dealing in this that im a little nervous and worried i like to know what imgetting myself in for i have read the immigration sites over and over and as far as i can see theres nothing wrong with what im doing.

clairebear, you have been given what you asked for....advice on what you need to get your BFs visa.  You have been told that you don't make enough money to support both of you. You have been advised to get a letter from your parents co-sponsoring to show that additional finacial support is available so that your BF won't end up on public funds. You've been advised to read the Visa threads for additional information.

If you are confident that you are doing what's needed, then apply for the visa. If you are not, then LISTEN to what you are being advised to do, thank them, do what needs to be done, and apply then.

No one has been "not nice". Everyone has tried to be helpful. I'm not really sure what you are expecting.
Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age
               - Victor Hugo-
Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family
.......in another city.
              -George Burns-
The leading cause of death among fashion models is falling
through street grates.
               - Dave Barry -

• Mellowing with age.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 04:51:30 PM »
No one is being mean to you.  You wanted advice, you've gotten it.  In one thread you said you had no job, in this thread you said you have one that pays 5.05 an hour.  You WILL need a co-sponsor to prove you and your bf can live without public assistance because he's not allowed to work until AFTER you're married.  You WILL need proof from the council that it's ok for your bf to live there because it's THEIR house, not yours.  Based on what you've been told in this thread and elsewhere, I'd be surprised if your application was successful, simply because you don't have all the evidence you'll need.

Be nervous, that's fine.  But don't get all pissy when people tell you what to do to make your application successful and it's not what you want to hear. 

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »
I have to say I agree with everyone else this site is great and I have had lots of help off people here and have also tried to pass on info that I have found or been told. I also posted the list of the things you will need that I have been told I will need everyone has helped you.

Take a step back and look at what everyone has put, we all get a little confused and that is understandable, we all need things clarifying there maybe questions you are unsure of or you just wish to double check you have answered them correctly, but read what the people on here have said most have already been through it or have been given advice on it already.

Victoria and Garry work in this field as advisor's.

Sponsored Links