Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Feeling Paranoid - Am I Missing Anything? Leaving Next Week  (Read 992 times)

• Liked: 0
Feeling Paranoid - Am I Missing Anything? Leaving Next Week
« on: September 04, 2013, 12:45:29 AM »
So I'm going through my forms for the cats, and just feel like I'm missing something. The stack of papers just feels too lightweight (if that makes sense) and I'm worrying I'm missing something.

Here's what I've got:

1) Annex II - I got a free trial version of Adobe XI so I could edit the .pdf and add in our information. I typed in all the information that I could in blue ink. And used block letters. The only thing I need at this point in the signature/stamp from my vet (scheduled for Thur.) and the signature/stamp from the APHIS vet (sched. for Friday).

2) Our cats had a rabies vacc. in Jan. 2011, so were technically still good on that. But I wanted to make sure there was no questions, and went ahead and got them re-vacc'ed on Aug. 9th. I'm including the 2 rabies certs from Jan. 2011 and the most recent one.

3) Our cats were chipped way back in 2006. I have a chip certificate, but the cert does not show date of administration - the date shown is the day the vet printed the cert. So I also have a letter from the vet stating they don't provide certs with the administration date on it. But this letter is 2 years old, as I got it back in 2011 when we first moved over. Is the age a problem?

4) APHIS7001 - I used Adobe to edit this .pdf and entered all our information in blue ink. I will then have my local vet fill in the details, and sign it on Thur. And then get it stamped by the APHIS vet on Fri.

Is there anything else I'm forgetting? They are flying on the 11th but won't get there until the 13th, and I hope by waiting until the 6th to get the cert stamped, it will give some leeway in case of unexpected flight delays.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:47:20 AM by Bluegrass Lass »

• Liked: 2
Re: Feeling Paranoid - Am I Missing Anything? Leaving Next Week
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 01:30:04 AM »
So I'm going through my forms for the cats, and just feel like I'm missing something. The stack of papers just feels too lightweight (if that makes sense) and I'm worrying I'm missing something.

Here's what I've got:

1) Annex II - I got a free trial version of Adobe XI so I could edit the .pdf and add in our information. I typed in all the information that I could in blue ink. And used block letters. The only thing I need at this point in the signature/stamp from my vet (scheduled for Thur.) and the signature/stamp from the APHIS vet (sched. for Friday).

2) Our cats had a rabies vacc. in Jan. 2011, so were technically still good on that. But I wanted to make sure there was no questions, and went ahead and got them re-vacc'ed on Aug. 9th. I'm including the 2 rabies certs from Jan. 2011 and the most recent one.

3) Our cats were chipped way back in 2006. I have a chip certificate, but the cert does not show date of administration - the date shown is the day the vet printed the cert. So I also have a letter from the vet stating they don't provide certs with the administration date on it. But this letter is 2 years old, as I got it back in 2011 when we first moved over. Is the age a problem?

4) APHIS7001 - I used Adobe to edit this .pdf and entered all our information in blue ink. I will then have my local vet fill in the details, and sign it on Thur. And then get it stamped by the APHIS vet on Fri.

Is there anything else I'm forgetting? They are flying on the 11th but won't get there until the 13th, and I hope by waiting until the 6th to get the cert stamped, it will give some leeway in case of unexpected flight delays.

Hmmm, I would be concerned about not having the exact date of the microchip? But you do have the letter stating that they are chipped and it was the 15 digit microchip needed for the EU?

I think you have the timing right for everything else, but if it were me, I would send this same email to the pet reception in Edinburgh or call them (I think that you are flying them into Edinburgh right)?  and then you will know absolutely for sure about the microchips as this is what they do!

I don't know how far away you are from the USDA vet, but on the day of or before you are to go to the USDA state vet to sign off on the paperwork, go to your vets office first and fax the paperwork up to the USDA vet office, they will go over it and if you are missing anything you can have your vet fix it right then and there before you go to get the signature done. I read this somewhere, maybe here? Thought what a good idea!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 02:48:31 AM »
Sorry I didn't clarify there in my first post. The letter I have from the vet about the microchip says the date they were chipped back in 2006, it's just that the date on the chip certificate is not correct. Make sense?

That's a good idea about faxing it off to the state vet first. I should have thought of that. And I'll probably contact the ARC in Edinburgh and see if I can email them the docs to review.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 04:43:16 AM »
Haha its ok, I'm sure your head is spinning around and around and around at this moment trying to keep all your details straight!  :P My own is spinning and I just started this process!
 I would most definitely contact Edinburgh, especially about the microchips, just to double check that all is well with your paperwork while you still have time to correct anything if it is needed. I bet that people send them paperwork all the time to check over!
 I am pretty sure that I also read that somewhere....  ::)

• Liked: 82
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:23:46 AM »
For all of the documents, my vet said to bring them in blank. They need to be filled out either by your vet or the USDA vet at the time they sign it.  Your vet might be different, but take blanks just to be sure. 

As for the rabies vaccine, it states somewhere that if the exact date of chipping is unknown then a letter from the vet stating it was before the rabies vaccine is fine.  I didn't get a chipping certificate or a letter.  My vet just included the date on the annex II and it went through fine.

Definitely send the docs to the ARC.  It will give you peace of mind that everything is correct and they can start the paperwork.  So it goes smoothly and quickly when your kitty arrives.  Here is their website http://www.extrordinair.co.uk/Pet_Passport_Scheme.htm

I was in contact with the Manchester ARC as soon as I got my visa and they answered all of my questions. 

Good luck with the move 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab