Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Epic flooding near Houston  (Read 2136 times)

• Liked: 677
Epic flooding near Houston
« on: September 19, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »
So, they are having biblical flooding in East Texas, near Beaumont TX. They got something like three and a half feet of rain in the last 48 hours. Don't we have someone on the board in that part of Texas? have they checked in and are they ok? I forget their name.... (drat old age!)

• Liked: 111
Re: Epic flooding near Houston
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »
I’m in Houston but I’m far west and thankfully we have been spared the horrific rainfall. Galveston Island and southeastern areas was inundated with rain yesterday but northeast Houston is getting hit very hard now. Durhamlad used to live in Montgomery County (that’s probably whom you may be thinking of that’s on this site) and thankfully he’s not there now. It’s pretty flooded. IAH and HOU are both now closed and won’t reopen until 1:30pm on Friday.

I’ve lived in this city from 1990-1995 and 2008 until now and frankly, I’ve had enough of the weather. I’ve been lucky to not have been caught out so far but it’s a matter of time. These storms are definitely more frequent and more dangerous because in the past there were always the same areas being affected. Now, it’s everywhere that’s a flood risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »
Hi Lorena. No, it was you I was thinking of! I'm glad to hear you are safe! And dry.

[Yeah, there's no such thing as global warming/climate change. I have so many relatives in Texas who will spout that off as gospel truth.  At this point, if I was going to be buying property ~anywhere~ I would not buy in a flood plain or anywhere near a beach unless the house was on stilts.  And I'd probably avoid the gulf coast altogether, for the hurricanes.]

• Liked: 720
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 08:01:43 PM »
We used to live in Galveston County in the late 80’s, and our old house was eventually flooded well after we had left. We also lived in The Woodlands (Montgomery County) for 13 years, 2004 - 2017, where we used to feel safe from flooding but serious flooding a couple of times close by us happened shortly before we moved. The sub-division adjacent to ours flooded so frequently that the houses were only ever rented out. Floods, claim on insurance, rinse, repeat. Tough luck on the renters when the houses flooded.

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/woodlands/news/article/Montgomery-County-hit-by-widespread-flooding-7255718.php

Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 08:25:35 PM »
Ewwww

Sponsored Links