Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process  (Read 9319 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: UK Fiancé Visa Application Process
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2023, 08:15:37 PM »
I checked online to see if the website was down but there were no reports. I tried other methods of payment and it said page cannot be found. I changed my connection and that somehow fixed it! It instantly loaded and said payment rejected and allowed me to try again. What a relief!

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2023, 08:18:45 PM »
I checked online to see if the website was down but there were no reports. I tried other methods of payment and it said page cannot be found. I changed my connection and that somehow fixed it! It instantly loaded and said payment rejected and allowed me to try again. What a relief!

Accidentally removed previous comment, I had the issue of not being able to pay for the visa. The page was on an endless loop refreshing and said payment pending. Switching to a wired internet connection fixed my problem instantly  ;D.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2023, 08:49:09 PM »
Visa stress……..gotta love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2023, 08:56:57 PM »
Visa stress……..gotta love it!

[smiley=dizzy2.gif] Definitely stressed, that payment issue scared me as we needed to apply by tomorrow the latest! I am working on uploading documents but no rush submitting. The closest date I could get for a biometrics appointment was 1 month away. I uploaded everything I have now and will add more since I should definitely be getting more mail this month for correspondence.

• Liked: 958
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2023, 09:22:33 PM »
@ksand24 @larrabee or @KFdancer can you take a look a couple messages up to answer their last questions? They're submitting tonight or tomorrow and feeling the last minute stress. Hoping you catch the notification.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2023, 09:56:26 PM »
@ksand24 @larrabee or @KFdancer can you take a look a couple messages up to answer their last questions? They're submitting tonight or tomorrow and feeling the last minute stress. Hoping you catch the notification.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for the support and understanding

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2023, 06:06:00 AM »
We have gathered almost everything for the FLR application and want to get started on applying. I would appreciate it if someone could just look over our correspondence and check list. Do I need to include mail for February 2023 as well?  I want to start the application today, could someone confirm this is the right link?

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/family-routes?_ga=2.165870590.1711208053.1676382781-1740348383.1675692752       

Applicant Documents
My Old & New Passport
Cover Letter explaining mail shortage
Signed sponsor declaration (part of online application)
Consent to checks form Part 1 signed by applicant (part of online application)
Consent to checks form Part 2 signed by sponsor (part of online application)

Sponsor
His UK passport all pages

Finances
7 months of his payslips the last payslip within 28 days of applying (July 2022-Jan 2023)
7 months of bank statements the last statement within 28 days of applying (July 2022-Jan2023)
letter from employer (10/02/2023)
Employment contract
p60 (2021-2022)

Accommodation
Updated tenancy agreement (05/12/2022)
Landlord letter & email from city council stating we are not liable for council tax, the landlord is

Correspondence
Sept 2022
His bank statement (21 aug-sep 20)

Oct 2022
His bank statement (21 sept-20 oct)
My mobile phone bill (oct 12)

Nov 2022
Joint Bank statement (20 oct-10 nov)
My mobile phone bill (nov 12)

Dec 2022
joint bank statement (11 nov-10 dec)
my mobile phone bill (dec 12)
my GP registration letter (dec 29)   

Jan 2023
Joint Bank Statement (11 dec- 10 jan)
My mobile bill (12 jan)

Other
Marriage Certificate

I also have a few questions about the application.

Do they mean first time ever or first time on the fiance visa? I'd go with the first time on the fiancee visa but explain that you had visited earlier also.

Do they mean start living as married couple or from the day I arrived to live with him on fiance visa? The latter.

I believe ours is "first period of leave to remain following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiance or proposed civil partner of a settled person" Correct.

My answer should be yes, this is my first time applying to extend my stay since it is my first FLR application following fiance visa, right? Yes.

My comments in red.

« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2023, 06:16:38 AM »
I am a little confused by some of the questions and do not want to make a mistake since the FLR M assumes I am applying following 2 years of living together. 

I selected the first one, I do not see anything for fiance since it asked what type of visa did I enter on before this question and I selected Family. [color=red]It's definitely not the first one, you are none of those things. I'd go with family private life.[/color] Edited, ok.

I put yes, the USA and said I was born there and lived with my family as the reason. Sounds good.

I just put the last date I went back home to USA from the UK in 2021. OK

I just listed my immediate family members, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I'd put a few friends in there too, just for completeness.

This seems like the only one that makes sense I never had a BRP and this is the first extension for flr Correct.
I said at london city airport aug 2019 That's fine for the in person meeting. I assume from that that you met online earlier so I'd give that information too.

I said we have lived together since I arrived on a fiance visa and have not lived apart but it has only been 5 months since arriving. Good.

I stated my USA address and said I lived there 9 years, and that I arrived 25 sept on fiance visa to get married and that my partner did not live with me before the visa Good.
I put Yes but my partner thinks this should be No You are correct!

Comments in red. Good luck.  :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 07:20:35 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2023, 06:17:50 AM »
Got it @AnotherUKYankee:)

« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2023, 07:05:49 AM »

On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission?
(Required)

You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or person with pre-settled status under the EUSS; a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK, or a person with leave as a Turkish ECAA worker or business person

As the child of a British citizen, settled person or person with pre-settled status under the EUSS; a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK, or a person with leave as a Turkish ECAA worker or business person

As the parent of a British citizen or settled child, or child with pre-settled status under the EUSS who is under 18, or who was under 18 when you were initially granted leave in this category and is not living an independent life

As an adult coming to the UK to be cared for by a relative who is a British citizen, settled person or a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK

Private life in the UK

Leave outside the Immigration Rules, including on the basis of compelling or compassionate circumstances or an Article 8 claim

Medical grounds or ill health

Discretionary leave

None of the above, or I'm not sure

I selected the first one, I do not see anything for fiance since it asked what type of visa did I enter on before this question and I selected Family.
I put yes, the USA and said I was born there and lived with my family as the reason.
I just put the last date I went back home to USA from the UK in 2021.
I just listed my immediate family members, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

This seems like the only one that makes sense I never had a BRP and this is the first extension for flr
I said at london city airport aug 2019

I said we have lived together since I arrived on a fiance visa and have not lived apart but it has only been 5 months since arriving.

I stated my USA address and said I lived there 9 years, and that I arrived 25 sept on fiance visa to get married and that my partner did not live with me before the visa
I put Yes but my partner thinks this should be No

You said its definitely not the first one. Family life was not an option. The question before said what type of visa & I selected Family. I know fiance visa i filed was under family last year.

This is the question after selecting category and the options. Was I supposed to put not sure? I selected the first one because it said to go by the document that gave you permission to be in the UK. I already submitted that answer. Is that a problem? I know on uk visa website under partner is where I found you could also apply as fiance so I thought that was the only one that made sense.

I went by the part that said
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK (I assumed they meant the vignette in my passport which says D-marriage/cp   that's why I chose partner.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 07:08:38 AM by mattandliz »

« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2023, 07:19:13 AM »
You said its definitely not the first one. Family life was not an option. The question before said what type of visa & I selected Family. I know fiance visa i filed was under family last year.

This is the question after selecting category and the options. Was I supposed to put not sure? I selected the first one because it said to go by the document that gave you permission to be in the UK. I already submitted that answer. Is that a problem? I know on uk visa website under partner is where I found you could also apply as fiance so I thought that was the only one that made sense.

I went by the part that said
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK (I assumed they meant the vignette in my passport which says D-marriage/cp   that's why I chose partner.

I've edited my post. I said family life, I meant private life however I think I may have misread the first one. I think you're right. It can be a bit difficult to follow these multiple question posts without the full context. Sorry for that.  Go with your choice.

As the partner of a British citizen, settled person or person with pre-settled status under the EUSS; a person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection in the UK, or a person with leave as a Turkish ECAA worker or business person

« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2023, 07:22:42 AM »
Oh thank god I thought I messed up the entire application with one question. I submitted it yesterday to meet the 28 day rule. I'm working on uploading evidence now. I have until March 15th. The only appointments available were dated after my fiance visa expires. That won't be a problem will it? Since I applied yesterday. Is that the date immigration goes by? Thank you so much for responding! I apologize for the confusion

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2023, 07:24:55 AM »

You have done it correctly.

It's the first option (partner of a British citizen), and the visa type should be Family,

Technically, you could select either Family or Settlement (since your fiance visa is technically both a Family visa and a Settlement visa), but the majority of people select Family.

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2023, 07:27:17 AM »
The only appointments available were dated after my fiance visa expires. That won't be a problem will it? Since I applied yesterday. Is that the date immigration goes by? Thank you so much for responding! I apologize for the confusion

That's fine - the only date that matters in regards to your fiance visa expiry is the date you submitted the online application.

As long as you apply online before your visa expires, your immigration status will 'extended' under Section 3C leave while the visa is processing. Back in 2020 during the lockdowns, the UKVCAS centres were all closed for a few months, so some people had to wait 6 months after applying online (and after their visa expired) before they were even allowed to book their biometrics appointment!

Your official application date is 16th February, and so all the documents you upload and submit must be dated on or before 16th February, You cannot submit any document that is dated after 16th Feb.

« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2023, 07:34:03 AM »
Oh thank god I thought I messed up the entire application with one question.

I'm really sorry to have caused you more anxiety. I know how awful the process is.

Sponsored Links