Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP! I've made an error on the British Citizenship Application  (Read 368 times)

• Liked: 1
Good Afternoon all

I'm currently in a state of panic and my current anxiety level are at new all time high levels.

I submitted my wifes British Citizenship Application last week and just realised this morning after reading over the printed Submitted Application form.

Under days out of the UK for absence I selected 30th October , as opposed to 30th November, so i selected the wrong month in error making total absence out of the UK to 75 days as opposed to the correct absence of only 45 days.

Do you think the application may be refused because of this innocent administrative error ? or could they apply their discretion at all ?

Is there any way i could edit the application after its been submitted ? The Biometrics and supporting documents appointment is booked towards the end of this month, so we still need to upload/submit all of the supporting documents.

Hope to hear from someone back soon, thanks in advance to all the support and advice so far.

• Liked: 3596
Re: HELP! I've made an error on the British Citizenship Application
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 12:05:43 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it - you're well under the allowed allowance of 270 days outside the UK in the last 3 years (90 days in the last 12 months), so that part won't affect the application at all.

I would just write a cover letter explaining that you selected the wrong date by accident, and then give the correct dates and number of days outside the UK in the letter.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:30:05 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it - you're well under the allowed allowance of 270 days outside the UK in the last 3 years (90 days in the last 12 months), so that part won't affect the application at all.

I would just write a cover letter explaining that you selected the wrong date by accident, and then give the correct dates and number of days outside the UK in the letter.

Thanks for reply as always very prompt. Could they make that as grounds of refusal not not proving accurate details ?

I will clarity this on a cover letter, i just hope they find my explanation acceptable, is there anything else i could do ?

Could get the application be edited at the BRP appointment , or is it too late to have the online application edited now ? Is that application submitted finally when the BRP is done or from the time of online submission ? I hope  you can clarify this for me ?

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 05:30:05 PM »
Thanks for reply as always very prompt. Could they make that as grounds of refusal not not proving accurate details ?

I will clarity this on a cover letter, i just hope they find my explanation acceptable, is there anything else i could do ?

No, they won't, because it was an honest mistake. Just explain in the letter and it won't be an issue.

They would only refuse if they believed you used deliberate deception by lying on the application or providing false documents.

Could get the application be edited at the BRP appointment , or is it too late to have the online application edited now ? Is that application submitted finally when the BRP is done or from the time of online submission ? I hope  you can clarify this for me ?

The only way to edit the application would be to officially withdraw it before attending biometrics, request a refund (which could take a couple of months), and reapply and pay again.

But, honestly, I doubt it would be worth doing that. It's simply a minor mistake that won't affect anything and that can be easily corrected with a cover letter.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 05:32:44 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 11:13:43 AM »
Thanks for that, I'll do that.

Also, on the question of do you have any previous UK Immigration applications in the UK or abroad, we have also selected "No" in that section as we did on all of the previous applications. But it appears a number of people have stated thier previous settlement visa, FLR R, and ILR applications reference number and details in that sections.

Should I be worried about that? Is it worth me disclosing and highlighting my wife's settlement visa, FLR R, and ILR Application reference numbers on a cover letter?

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 12:12:22 PM »
Thanks for that, I'll do that.

Also, on the question of do you have any previous UK Immigration applications in the UK or abroad, we have also selected "No" in that section as we did on all of the previous applications. But it appears a number of people have stated thier previous settlement visa, FLR R, and ILR applications reference number and details in that sections.

Should I be worried about that? Is it worth me disclosing and highlighting my wife's settlement visa, FLR R, and ILR Application reference numbers on a cover letter?
I’m confused as to why you selected No on each application, when the answer is clearly Yes.

You have made several UK immigration applications over the years, both inside and outside the UK
1) spousal visa (outside U.K.)
2) FLR(M) (inside U.K.)
3) ILR (inside U.K.)

I’m surprised you haven’t been called out on it previously, given that you cannot qualify for FLR, ILR or citizenship without having already made one or more UK immigration applications in the past.

I would explain the error and include the details of the visas in the cover letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 02:07:33 PM »
We always selected no as we thought the question was refereeing to another other immigration application apart from the standard spouse, FLR, and ILR applications.

Should we do separate cover letter or can both the issues be addressed under the same cover letter?

Sponsored Links