Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR App. rejected because I'm eligible for ILR  (Read 2509 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR App. rejected because I'm eligible for ILR
« on: June 22, 2007, 12:58:12 PM »
I just received a phone call from the Home Office regarding my FLR application. He wanted to know why I applied for FLR instead of ILR. I told him that the fee increase happened only about a month before I applied and I wasn't expecting to pay so much and honestly couldn't afford it. He went on to tell me that it's not normal to apply for FLR after being here for two years and that's a visa that's usually for people who've had trouble in their marriage in the first two years.

He told me he'd have to speak with his supervisor and would phone me back.   :-\\\\
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:13:01 PM by .shell. »

Re: Home Office phoned because I didn't apply for ILR
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 01:06:56 PM »

Thats really interesting? I can imagine that there are several people in your boat that can't afford the ILR fee so thought that they could go for FLR again.

Let us know how it goes.

• Dar
  • Geek of the medieval persuasion

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 01:09:43 PM »
Very interesting!  Good luck and keep us posted!  I am sure that Garry and Vicky will especially be interested in this.
I am the architect of my destiny.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »

Thats really interesting? I can imagine that there are several people in your boat that can't afford the ILR fee so thought that they could go for FLR again.

Let us know how it goes.
I think there's also a couple that applied for FLR that didn't/couldn't take the Life in the UK test in time.
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »
He just phoned back and said there are no grounds for approving my application and that it will be denied. Rather than just deny it, he offered me the option of giving me 35 days to come up with the remaining money due for ILR and an ILR application.

So much for being able to apply for FLR. I wasn't worried about this application at all. Now I've got a month to come up with some money that I DON'T have.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 01:16:26 PM »
He just phoned back and said there are no grounds for approving my application and that it will be denied. Rather than just deny it, he offered me the option of giving me 35 days to come up with the remaining money due for ILR and an ILR application.

So much for being able to apply for FLR. I wasn't worried about this application at all. Now I've got a month to come up with some money that I DON'T have.

I am sorry that you have to deal with, it sounds like a very tough situation. I will be wishing you well.

Re: FLR App. rejected because I'm eligible for ILR
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 01:18:35 PM »
I just wish I had known this from the beginning rather than thinking it was okay to apply for FLR. I thought others on here had done it?!?

I'm so stressed out now. And now I have to worry about whether or not my mail is going to satisfy them.

I can't believe this...  I can't believe you can't apply for FLR if you can't afford ILR.  :\\\'(

• Liked: 6
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »
That's total bullsh!t.  I'm really sorry that's happening. :(  Good luck and I hope it works out ok.
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

• Dar
  • Geek of the medieval persuasion

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 01:22:12 PM »
I just wish I had known this from the beginning rather than thinking it was okay to apply for FLR. I thought others on here had done it?!?

I'm so stressed out now. And now I have to worry about whether or not my mail is going to satisfy them.

I can't believe this...  I can't believe you can't apply for FLR if you can't afford ILR.  :\\\'(

I am so sorry to hear this!  Good luck to you and I hope that you are able to find the money and such.  Big hugs!
I am the architect of my destiny.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 01:22:58 PM »
Would they have record of you taking the Life in the UK test? I wonder if that's why they are saying go for ILR instead of FLR.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »

Shell,

So sorry this happened to you! Coming up with that kind of money isn't easy. I hope you can find a solution. On the positive side when all is said and done, it will feel good to have your ILR! Meaning no more paperwork unless you want to get your citizenship which you can do in your own time.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 01:29:20 PM »
Would they have record of you taking the Life in the UK test? I wonder if that's why they are saying go for ILR instead of FLR.

Yes, they did. He told me based on the fact that I have been here for 2 years and have passed the Life in the UK test, that there's no basis for my application. What about the fact that I didn't have £750?!

I told him I took the test because I was still trying to gather the money for the ILR fee but I just wasn't able to.

I just cannot believe they've rejected it.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 02:01:06 PM »
Oh my goodness, that's horrible!   :o

I'm so sorry this happened to you.  I don't have any useful advice, really, just wanted to say that I hope it all works out for you soon. 
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 02:26:15 PM »
That's total bullsh!t.  I'm really sorry that's happening. :(  Good luck and I hope it works out ok.

This is what I think too.  It's times like this where I wish I would have enough moxy to say, if you think I should have ILR, then you f*£%ing pay for it.  Don't think that would go down too well with the Home Office though!

Good luck shell!

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 02:40:35 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear this.   :(

My visa expires in Feb 08 and we are moving home in June 08.  I was going to apply for the FLR since I will only be here 4 more months, I wonder if they will reject it.   ???

Blah!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab