Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First driving lesson!  (Read 783 times)

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
First driving lesson!
« on: April 12, 2005, 11:52:17 AM »
So today is my first two hour driving lesson.  I begin right after work (4:30)...so I should be learning in great traffic!  Oy!  I practiced a bit on my bf's diesel in a parking lot (to remind myself of the gears).  The hardest part for me is getting into second gear - I'm so used to pulling toward me to go to it and now have to push out.  But I'm sure it'll come eventually.  I just hope that I don't stall right at a busy corner or light in St Johns Wood or West Hampstead or nearby! Crossing fingers!

• Liked: 0
Re: First driving lesson!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 12:00:15 PM »
Good luck on your driving course :D

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:28:09 PM »
Good luck Liane!  I hope it goes well!!!

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 02:17:37 PM »
Good luck!! Just remember: don't hit anyone!   :P
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 02:21:21 PM »
Good luck! Im sure you'll do just fine :)

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 10:40:28 PM »
So today is my first two hour driving lesson.  I begin right after work (4:30)...so I should be learning in great traffic!  Oy!  I practiced a bit on my bf's diesel in a parking lot (to remind myself of the gears).  The hardest part for me is getting into second gear - I'm so used to pulling toward me to go to it and now have to push out.  But I'm sure it'll come eventually.  I just hope that I don't stall right at a busy corner or light in St Johns Wood or West Hampstead or nearby! Crossing fingers!

Well, as I didn't see a massive traffic build up on West End Lane coming out of West Hampstead tube station this evening, I guess you made it through the area just fine.  :P  That is of course if you came up this way.

bvamin

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 09:20:50 AM »
 :P  Thanks a lot!!!

It did go well.  We drove through St Johns Wood, up Finchley Road and on through to Hendon and drove around that area for a while...then back on down to St Johns Wood to finish.  I was told that I was a sound driver, very safe, with good skills but I needed to fine tune a few things...such as not driving so close to left side cars, a bit with breaking & clutch use.  But not too bad.  Was told to set up driving test!!!  So - at least one 3 hour lesson in test area and perhaps a one hour lesson or two to brush up on skills!  Yippee!

Now on to Theory test...

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 12:42:02 PM »
:P  Thanks a lot!!!

It did go well.  We drove through St Johns Wood, up Finchley Road and on through to Hendon and drove around that area for a while...then back on down to St Johns Wood to finish.  I was told that I was a sound driver, very safe, with good skills but I needed to fine tune a few things...such as not driving so close to left side cars, a bit with breaking & clutch use.  But not too bad.  Was told to set up driving test!!!  So - at least one 3 hour lesson in test area and perhaps a one hour lesson or two to brush up on skills!  Yippee!

YEY!!!

Now on to Theory test...

Boo.....

• When I leave England, I'll miss my garden & view
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 02:08:36 PM »
You'll be zipping around in no time.
"Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens." -
Douglas Jerrold

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 02:11:22 PM »
That is great Liane!  My friend here at work (She is from Ohio) has been taking lessons for a while now.  Though they said she needed loads!  She drove a lot in the states too, I wonder why they said this to her?  She took the theory test already and did fine.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 05:47:58 PM »
I've driven an automatic here before & have been driven by others a LOT...so I figure I've learned as I've watched (which is how I learned in the first place).  I may end up needing a few lessons to get some stuff down, but overall shouldn't need too many lessons.  And I've done lots of different driving in cities - Boston has some seriously narrow streets so I'm used to them.  But why she needs lessons...who know!

Sponsored Links