Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What food are you craving right now?  (Read 151953 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: What food are you craving right now?
« Reply #1440 on: January 25, 2018, 06:18:02 PM »
I don't like milk (except when it's ice-cold and I have some Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies to dunk in them), and I haven't had a glass of milk since moving to the UK 5 years ago*, but I just suddenly had a craving for Nesquik chocolate milk.  Maybe this feeling will pass.  I haven't even thought about it in half a decade, and I don't remember the last time I drank it.

* It's okay... I eat plenty of other sources of calcium, and I don't think milk is fortified with Vitamin D over here, so I'm not missing anything in that regard.

You CAN get Nesquik here. I haven't tried it yet though.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1441 on: January 25, 2018, 06:55:52 PM »
You CAN get Nesquik here. I haven't tried it yet though.

Yeah... I bought some once before we bought our house and moved... I never ended up using it, and it caked badly so I had to throw it away.  I probably shouldn't buy it again, because I'm sure the same thing will happen.  But right now, I could really go for it.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1442 on: January 26, 2018, 11:18:50 AM »
Why don't you just get one of the ready to drink milks? It will satisfy your craving and you won't have tons of powder left

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #1443 on: January 26, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
Or a bottle of hersheys  chocolate syrup.  It will taste just like the chocolate milk of your dreams.  If not, just add more syrup. I garuntee that's not going to waste.

« Reply #1444 on: January 26, 2018, 01:16:27 PM »
Why don't you just get one of the ready to drink milks? It will satisfy your craving and you won't have tons of powder left

I'm kind of particular about my chocolate milk.  I'm actually kind of particular about a lot of things... my PB&Js have to be Jif creamy and Smucker's (I will accept Bonne Maman over here) strawberry preserves.  Chocolate milk has to be cold 2% with Nesquik.  Ketchup has to be Heinz (unless it's spicy ketchup, in which case I will gladly accept Stokes).  Ranch dressing has to be Hidden Valley... If I'm going to indulge in a processed food, it needs to be the flavour from my childhood.  I'm eating nostalgia.

Or a bottle of hersheys  chocolate syrup.  It will taste just like the chocolate milk of your dreams.  If not, just add more syrup. I garuntee that's not going to waste.

And this is where I lose the whole class:  I hate Hershey's syrup.  I have no use for it.  I don't like Hershey's chocolate at all, really.

Gawd, I sound horrible with this post!  I still love you guys!  I just hate a lot of things unless they're the thing that I love.  (Imagine how I feel about all the people who aren't you!)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #1445 on: January 26, 2018, 01:25:40 PM »
I'm kind of particular about my chocolate milk.  I'm actually kind of particular about a lot of things... my PB&Js have to be Jif creamy and Smucker's (I will accept Bonne Maman over here) strawberry preserves.  Chocolate milk has to be cold 2% with Nesquik.  Ketchup has to be Heinz (unless it's spicy ketchup, in which case I will gladly accept Stokes).  Ranch dressing has to be Hidden Valley... If I'm going to indulge in a processed food, it needs to be the flavour from my childhood.  I'm eating nostalgia.

And this is where I lose the whole class:  I hate Hershey's syrup.  I have no use for it.  I don't like Hershey's chocolate at all, really.

Gawd, I sound horrible with this post!  I still love you guys!  I just hate a lot of things unless they're the thing that I love.  (Imagine how I feel about all the people who aren't you!)
Are you sure you are American? Lol

Sometimes I make hot dogs just so I can eat the ketchup. Heinz only. Serving me Hunts ketchup will make me seriously crabbit.

M&S makes a really great Smokey ketchup that I love.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #1446 on: January 26, 2018, 02:00:25 PM »
Are you sure you are American? Lol

Well, I mean... I did struggle to find like-minded people in America.  I won't pretend adjusting to the UK was completely smooth (and I still miss a lot of the junk food that I was accustomed to in the US), but there are so many things that made the move feel like I was coming home.  The UK's disdain for Hershey's is just one of them. :)

Sometimes I make hot dogs just so I can eat the ketchup. Heinz only. Serving me Hunts ketchup will make me seriously crabbit.

Exactly!  Hunts is just too sweet... not tomatoey/rich enough.  I understand it's ketchup, but you gotta have some standards!

• Liked: 958
« Reply #1447 on: January 26, 2018, 02:15:04 PM »
I currently miss the kettle sea salt & vinegar chips. (crisps) Over here they put malt vinegar on almost everything so I can't eat them, and I've found apple cider vinegar chips but those are *sweet*. Not the right flavour when you want salt & vinegar! I was upset when I really needed salt and only had access to a vending machine and learned that over here kettle isn't a gluten free brand, in the US it is 100%.

I eat so little junk food now I'm like jfkimberly... If its gonna be bad for me it has to be exactly what I'm craving.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #1448 on: January 26, 2018, 02:29:19 PM »
Did JF KIMBERLEY get validated by sending in her birth certificate? 
Doesn't like hersheys syrup?  I want to see the birth certificate!

« Reply #1449 on: January 26, 2018, 03:06:43 PM »
Did JF KIMBERLEY get validated by sending in her birth certificate? 
Doesn't like hersheys syrup?  I want to see the birth certificate!

Made in Texas!  I mean, that's like distilled America right there.  I think I was made with mis-matched parts and just kind of cobbled together, though.  I'm not like the others.  Just ask Hershey.

• Liked: 111
« Reply #1450 on: January 26, 2018, 04:52:46 PM »
I'm with jfkimberly, Hershey's is horrid. Plus, hot dogs with ketchup is so wrong to me. It should have mustard. My favorite hot dog is an El Paso/Tucson hybrid. It's gotta have a fried bacon covered hot dog with pinto beans, spicy green salsa, tomatoes, grilled onions, and topped with mayo and mustard on a round bun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #1451 on: January 26, 2018, 10:38:25 PM »
Plus, hot dogs with ketchup is so wrong to me. It should have mustard.

WHAT? no. just no! I mean, the rest of what you had said sounds tasty, but ketchup on a hot dog is NOT wrong! lol
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #1452 on: January 26, 2018, 11:28:36 PM »
WHAT? no. just no! I mean, the rest of what you had said sounds tasty, but ketchup on a hot dog is NOT wrong! lol

It's both for me! Tangy mustard and Heinz ketchup.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 958
« Reply #1453 on: January 26, 2018, 11:32:29 PM »
Yeah - ketchup, mustard, and relish (sweet or dill depending on mood) all belong on a hot dog.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

« Reply #1454 on: January 26, 2018, 11:39:15 PM »
Yeah - ketchup, mustard, and relish (sweet or dill depending on mood) all belong on a hot dog.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Here you get a mix of both!

No normal dill for us.

Sponsored Links