Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Residence card (EEA route)  (Read 395 times)

• Liked: 0
Residence card (EEA route)
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:35:02 PM »
I'm a romanian national living in the UK and my wife is american(we are both in the UK, she's on a visitor's visa) so we are going to apply take the EEA route. I play poker for a living and since it's not seen as a trade we'll have to apply as self-sufficient. But we're not sure about a few things:

1. Where do we get comprehensive private health insurance from since the biggest companies(axxa, bupa...) don't offer it to non-UK residents (or at least that's what they told us on the phone)?

2. I can show UK bank statements going 15 months back (about £71k withdrawn from poker sites and spent) plus $30k in savings, most of it part my current ''working roll''. Would it look suspicious if I withdraw this money a few days before the statements are printed, how would I go about explaining this to them? And is it enough to prove we're self sufficient?

3. Does she get a temporary document while her application is being processed to confirm her right to stay after the visitor visa has expired?

4. How long does she get to appeal in case they reject it the first time ?

Thanks for any kind of help, guys? :(

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:36:54 PM by bunny »

• Liked: 0
Re: Residence card (EEA route)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:47:08 PM »
well, if you're both there on the EEA rules then you have access to the NHS and don't really need private health insurance. You would be UK residents if you're here on EEA rules.

I am not sure but she may not be able to apply in country. Someone may be able to come along and be more helpful on this.

If you follow the rules for EEA applicants its not hard to get an EEA residence card... assuming your EEA status isn't in question. my husband was swedish. I'm not sure if there are different rules for those from romania.

Sponsored Links