Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Migration Figures  (Read 4653 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Migration Figures
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 05:24:35 PM »

e.g Would you have been given a visa if the UK still had the Primary Purpose rule - prove that the primary purpose of your marriage was not to obtain British residency? The Primary Purpose rule was removed in the late 90s.

All I can say to this is... wow. That is a step too far.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 05:37:50 PM »
e.g Would you have been given a visa if the UK still had the Primary Purpose rule - prove that the primary purpose of your marriage was not to obtain British residency? The Primary Purpose rule was removed in the late 90s.

Why do you always have to make a personal attack when someone disagrees with you?

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 05:45:12 PM »

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/tay-tweets-microsoft-ai-chatbot-posts-racist-messages-about-loving-hitler-and-hating-jews-a6949926.html
TAY TWEETS: MICROSOFT SHUTS DOWN AI CHATBOT TURNED INTO A PRO-HITLER RACIST TROLL IN JUST 24 HOURS

Has anyone ever heard about the similar chatbot devloped for the Home Office ?  Right before they shut it down, it escaped and disappeared somewhere into a maze of immigration forums on the internet.  Some say it lives on, kept alive by drinking the blood of puppies....

• Liked: 344
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 05:55:08 PM »
All I can say to this is... wow. That is a step too far.

Yeah, it was very hard to prove.  I think we have talked about PP before?

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 06:43:41 PM »
Why do you always have to make a personal attack when someone disagrees with you?

If you took that as "a personal attack" then you need to get out more. Move away from the internet....

• Liked: 770
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 09:15:08 PM »
I'm just glad I live in Scotland. Next April, everyone in Scotland is eligible for medication on the Minor Ailments Formulary. There will no longer be eligibility requirements.  More free meds, for everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 113
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 03:36:51 AM »
I'm just glad I live in Scotland. Next April, everyone in Scotland is eligible for medication on the Minor Ailments Formulary. There will no longer be eligibility requirements.  More free meds, for everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ah so convenient. I love minor ailments for our son when he has a fever/cold.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »

Unless a Labour  government get in. They have already talked about endng the 15+ billion year and rising, that is given to Scotland every year by England and Wales,  just  to fill Scotland's ever growing financial black hole (spending more than they make).

Labour said they would distibute that 15 billion across all poor areas across Britain instead. e.g Glasgow would still get that extra money per head, but not richer places in Scotland like Edinburgh, Aberdeen etc (as happens now) and poor areas of England and Wales would then start to receive more per head from that 15 billion e.g.  Cornwall, Blackpool, North Wales, Lincolnshire etc  It's a vote winner

« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:43:10 AM by Sirius »

• Liked: 533
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
On today's episode of Tory Talk, our resident Tory will spout stuff.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »
the NHS is a national health service and not a world health service

How many times, and it has been many, must I explain to this person that "National Health Service" was chosen as a name because it replaced a system of regional and local healthcare provision? It has nothing to do with "international" or "world" at all.

This is plainly in the historic record.

/bangs head against wall
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »
How many times, and it has been many, must I explain to this person that "National Health Service" was chosen as a name because it replaced a system of regional and local healthcare provision? It has nothing to do with "international" or "world" at all.

This is plainly in the historic record.

/bangs head against wall

I think you have misunderstood. It was the policies who said that the NHS was being used as a world health service and it was the policies (Parliament and the Lords) that ended that by bringing in a new law: The Immigration Act 2014.

That new law then made the NHS bill free only for British citizens who reside in the UK and for those with a valid ILR (UK immigration rules) who reside in the UK and with that in place, then further changes e.g. many British citizens who were allowed to use the NHS bill free, now have to pay. Everyone else are now on agreements/exceptions/pay the IHS/pay for themselves with 50% added to the bill if no insurance, EU law etc - all things that can be changed easily without the need for a new law (which take years).

The UK government are also making it very clear that just being a British citizen does not mean the UK will provide free healthcare, and we saw that being linked to a UK state pension for the first time with the S1. UK state pension is a minimum of 10 tax years of contributions before state pension age (presently about 67/68) for a part state pension and 35 years for a full state pension. 

The UK now has the law in place to stop any NHS abuse that anyh government wants to.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 11:41:14 AM by Sirius »

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 11:38:27 AM »
My point of posting the original article was that NON-EU migration has not slowed - at all. 

I fear what additional provisions parliament will put in place to bring the number down below 100,000.  I suspect the fees will simply continue to rise until no one could possibly afford to pay.

Not the strain on the NHS.  Not the EU migration.  Not attacking Scotland for "stealing from the poor to fund programs for the wealthy."  But that the roadblocks parliament put in place to reduce net migration figures IS NOT WORKING. 

We all know I think migration is good.  Anyone with even a minor understanding of economics knows how beneficial migration is to a country.  But parliament thinks it's bad and their plans to reduce migration aren't working.  I wonder what they'll think of next?    ;)

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 12:28:08 PM »
My point of posting the original article was that NON-EU migration has not slowed - at all. 

My point was that the figures are skewed as the UK stats are by citizenship. All the non-EEA citizen using EEA rules/ECJ Rulings, show on UK states as non- EEA migration to the UK e.g. all the non-EEA citizens who are: Family Members; Extended Family Members; on Right to Reside; Singh; Zambrano; Chen; Derived Residence etc Brexit is not only going to affect EEA citizens, but all the non-EEA citizens who don't have the skills to get a work visa.

Nor do I believe the UK knows the numbers of EEA citizens and their Direct Family Members in the UK - the others mentioned need to have some sort of an EU RC from the UK. All they have done is guess it is 3.8 million EEA citizens in the UK and put all their non-EEA citizens under non EU migration figures. 

Nearly all other EEA countries require all those using EEA Regs or ECJ Rulings to register with their police and the UK does not do that. Only those from certain countries, and only if they are on UK immigration rules, are required to register with the police in the UK.  This registration will be the first but some will not register as they know they will not be allowed to stay.

We all know I think migration is good.  Anyone with even a minor understanding of economics knows how beneficial migration is to a country. 

Economics actually shows that controlled immigration is good for a county and that uncontrolled immigration is not good, as the latter puts a strain on things like jobs, wages, housing, services, health service, the welfare state, transport, roads etc

I suspect the fees will simply continue to rise until no one could possibly afford to pay.

The fees will rise until those that use the service,  pay for it, as that is what the UK does with services to ensure the taxpayers do not fund services. ATM, immgiration is funded by those using UK immgiratation rules and the taxpayeys. The  EU says that all those using their rules and European Court of Justice Rulings to be in the UK, must be paid for by the UK. Therefore those using UK immigration rules will have to continue to sub all these and fees will rise untill immigration is fully funded by those that use it..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 01:02:47 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »
I think you have misunderstood.

No it is you who continue to show a misunderstanding of your own country's history. Which is a shame. Perhaps some study?

The populist use of the phrase "national not international" health service is not based on the historical, recorded fact - easily researchable (well not on digital spy or Guido Fawkes) - that the name denoted the replacement of the patchwork system in operation at the time.

To imply that what it means is that it is not in place for foreigners also shows an ignorance of the historical record, as it again was plainly stated that the NHS was never meant to specifically exclude foreigners.

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »
Again though, more importantly, it is good to see you are following me again!

How many times have you blocked me now?

Or is that an empty bluff?

Sponsored Links