Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Expediters - just venting  (Read 864 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Expediters - just venting
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 03:25:57 AM »
I'm in Chicago.  I have an expediter but am worried about what is actually going on since it's been 5 business days now. Whenever I ask, they say they haven't heard anything. I just wanted to check in to see if this is unusual or anything? Am I just being over-paranoid? I feel like we should know by now or that maybe they would atleast be able to give me some information! Any suggestions?!
Follow your bliss.

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 03:32:33 AM »
Yeah I agree - I mean aren't they our liaisons between us and the consulate?

Findingaway, you have been waiting longer than I have. But they both told us a date that we would have an answer by - and they haven't come through.

I feel worried too, and starting to ask myself if I am being over-paranoid too. I feel like they don't want to deal with me because I might have been refused a visa. *God I hope not* I hope they deal with refusals first, and approvals last.

[smiley=sa3.gif]
Feb 2008 - Met and began playing with partner
May 2008 - Starting dating partner
28 Aug 2009 - Completed online Fiancee Visa application
4 Sept 2009 - Biometrics completed and sent off application to expediter
9 Sept 2009 - Consulate received application
10 Sept 2009 - VISA APPROVED
20 Sept 2009 - Flying back to UK

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 05:08:57 AM »
I'm in Chicago.  I have an expediter but am worried about what is actually going on since it's been 5 business days now. Whenever I ask, they say they haven't heard anything. I just wanted to check in to see if this is unusual or anything? Am I just being over-paranoid? I feel like we should know by now or that maybe they would atleast be able to give me some information! Any suggestions?!

Not to be snarky, but what more information do you want? They're saying they haven't heard anything. Presumably, since you've paid them their fee, they have no incentive NOT to give you information they may have, whether it be positive or negative. (It's not like it does them any good to delay bad news, as then not only are you pissed at the consulate that your application was denied, you're pissed at the expediter for keeping you waiting, which means bad publicity for them.)

Their job is to expedite the visa application for you, not give you a play-by-play of how it's being processed. (Though I've long wished the consulates would establish a bar code scanning system so you could log online somewhere and see that your application has been 1) received 2) opened 3) checked over 4) approved 5) whatever. Sadly, such a feature does not exist.)
Moved to London February 5, 2010

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 07:42:13 AM »
Yeah I agree - I mean aren't they our liaisons between us and the consulate?

Then why don't you call your expeditor and request a status update and if they don't give you one then ask to speak to their supervisor and make a complaint regarding the poor service that you've received. You also need to remember that in the US there was a HOLIDAY on Monday and the Consulates were not open.

Plus if you've had any previous visa issues or have been bounced at the border or had issues with overstaying your previous visas in the UK,  your visa will take longer to process since then the hard copies of all the documentation regarding the bounce/refusals/issues will have to be mailed to the Consulate so they can properly address your application.

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 08:22:27 AM »
Plus if you've had any previous visa issues or have been bounced at the border or had issues with overstaying your previous visas in the UK,  your visa will take longer to process since then the hard copies of all the documentation regarding the bounce/refusals/issues will have to be mailed to the Consulate so they can properly address your application.

I was about to say this too - even if you use an expediter, if your application is not considered straightfroward (previous visa refusals, overstays, criminal convictions etc.), then all bets are off and you could be looking at waiting several weeks (depending on how long it takes the consulate to retrieve all the information regarding refusals/bounces/overstays/convictions etc. from the relevant government bodies).

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 12:42:46 PM »
I'm actually glad to read that they do not necessarily give you the "play by play". On here, I've read other experiences in which the people seemed to have frequent contact with their courier, etc. They would email and call back and forth while their app was being processed by the sounds of it. That is the only reason why I thought it worked like that because of what I have read on here. So, I'm actually quite glad to read that is not really how it works. I'm just assuming they were "slow" coming back after Labor Day or something and we should find out today or tomorrow! I've never had any previous visa issues or overstays.
Follow your bliss.

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »

Ah. Thanks for reminding me about this. I figured I had a straightforward application, but with me overstaying, then I guess it isn't.
Feb 2008 - Met and began playing with partner
May 2008 - Starting dating partner
28 Aug 2009 - Completed online Fiancee Visa application
4 Sept 2009 - Biometrics completed and sent off application to expediter
9 Sept 2009 - Consulate received application
10 Sept 2009 - VISA APPROVED
20 Sept 2009 - Flying back to UK

• Liked: 7
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »
I want to vent too! UGH! I'm so frustrated because my expediter said it would be 2-4 business days for an answer and today marks the 5th business day. Everytime I call to check if they have any news they sound annoyed as well. I'm paying them to do this! We just want our answer! I'm starting to get so nervous now.
Have to say, I'm not surprised they're getting annoyed - you do realise that all the expediter does is move your application to the front of the line, right?  They have no control over how long it actually takes the Consulate to process your application.  USUALLY it takes 1-2 working days, but if it takes longer then it's not the expediter's fault and they cannot do anything about it.   Constantly asking someone for updates on a process they have no control over is bound to cause irritation.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:02:17 PM by MalcolmB »

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 03:52:56 PM »
Some people have been successful in hiring an expediter in the LA area to retrieve their apps for them after they were submitted and then expedite them.  I think once it's opened, they are unable to do so.  But some were successful in getting immediate approval by doing so.  If you do a search, you may find posts that talk about this. 

I have read about people doing that on this board, but I really don't have the money to spare to do so. Otherwise I would have sent it through an expediter in the first place. But thanks for the suggestion. I think I just have to cross my fingers and hope I get it before the end of the month, and hope I can get a last minute ticket out.
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »
On second thought, it doesn't hurt to get a quote from an expediter, and it might make me feel better.

I just shot an email over to Global VIP, as they seem to come highly recommended...

I was wondering though, are they very responsive to email? Or would calling be better?
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
I initially contacted Global VIP by email, and Nadereh was pretty good about getting back to me relatively quickly. I also spoke to her a couple times on the phone, but that was after I had sent all my stuff down to LA, so most of our communication was via email.
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
Okay, great. Because I know there are going to be some more delays in LA next week due to them putting in a new IT system...

And if all it takes to make me feel better is $100 bucks or so, I'm good for it. I might be broke when I get there, but DH already told me that was okay.
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »
findingaway, could you PM me & tell me which expediter you're using? I will be going through the Chicago consulate in November & would love to be able to keep up with your experience & outcome with the expediter. Thanks.
7 November 2009 Married
4 December 2009 documents received by expediter & delivered to consulate in Chicago
9 December 2009 Visas approved and issued
14 December 2009 Arrived in UK
8 December 2011 Applied for ILR
19 February 2012 ILR approved

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 12:21:36 AM »
Okay, spoke with Ken at All Star Passport and while he can't do anything until Wednesday due to the IT upgrade at the consulate, it sounded like I could have my approval as early as Thursday and have my documents back by Friday! All for $124. I feel so much better now.

This is all if he can pull my application. But I am hopeful!
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 03:48:17 PM »
That is wonderful news, Step! I have my fingers crossed for you! :)
7 November 2009 Married
4 December 2009 documents received by expediter & delivered to consulate in Chicago
9 December 2009 Visas approved and issued
14 December 2009 Arrived in UK
8 December 2011 Applied for ILR
19 February 2012 ILR approved

Sponsored Links