Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Expediters - just venting  (Read 862 times)

• Oodles by Stephoodle
  • Liked: 0
Re: Expediters - just venting
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 04:16:23 PM »
Thanks EnglishHolly!

Haha, funnily enough, when it came down to it I went with Nadereh at Global VIP. She seemed a bit more professional, and was really good about answering ALL my questions. Just sent her my authorization letter this morning... let's see how it goes!
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »
I have read wonderful reviews on her. If I was going through the LA office, she would definitely be handling my visa apps! :)
7 November 2009 Married
4 December 2009 documents received by expediter & delivered to consulate in Chicago
9 December 2009 Visas approved and issued
14 December 2009 Arrived in UK
8 December 2011 Applied for ILR
19 February 2012 ILR approved

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 06:56:38 PM »
I have read wonderful reviews on her. If I was going through the LA office, she would definitely be handling my visa apps! :)

Just be aware that visa expediters are not qualified to give any kind of immigration advice or opinions on your application, other than checking that you have all your documents (i.e. you haven't forgotten your passport or an entire section of the application). If an expediter suggests that your documents are wrong or that you should include different things, just ignore them and ask them to send the application exactly as it is. Some expediters have been known to give bad advice regarding applications and documents.

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 08:17:29 PM »
That's what I was planning on. I know all my stuff is correct, I just want to speed up the process. ;)
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 09:36:14 PM »
I hate not knowing things it drives me crazy. I'm not applying for mine until feb of next year but I've already tryed to contact a couple of expediters but havn't gotten a response and it's been 2 months.  I live in Florida close to Jacksonville do any of you know of any good ones I could use? Thanks
Met on line March 2000
Met in person July 2000
Visited back and forth for 7 years
Married July 2007

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »
I hate not knowing things it drives me crazy. I'm not applying for mine until feb of next year but I've already tryed to contact a couple of expediters but havn't gotten a response and it's been 2 months.  I live in Florida close to Jacksonville do any of you know of any good ones I could use? Thanks

To be honest, I don't know if it's really worth contacting the expediters until you have all your documents in order and are getting ready to send off your application. All an expediter can really do is deliver your documents to the consulate and then pick them up again for you after they have been processed. They cannot help you with your actual application and are not qualified to give you any advice about visas or how to apply.

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 10:33:08 PM »
To be honest, I don't know if it's really worth contacting the expediters until you have all your documents in order and are getting ready to send off your application. All an expediter can really do is deliver your documents to the consulate and then pick them up again for you after they have been processed. They cannot help you with your actual application and are not qualified to give you any advice about visas or how to apply.

Yeah I know I was just trying to find out their prices and if they could pick it up were I live.
Met on line March 2000
Met in person July 2000
Married July 2007

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 10:35:01 PM »
Yeah I know I was just trying to find out their prices and if they could pick it up were I live.

More likely than not they won't come pick up your application since they are located reasonably close to the three consulates. You'll have to Fedex your application to them when you're ready, and then they'll drive it to the consulate for you.
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 11:23:19 PM »
More likely than not they won't come pick up your application since they are located reasonably close to the three consulates. You'll have to Fedex your application to them when you're ready, and then they'll drive it to the consulate for you.

Oh I see for some reason I was thinking they come to your house and pick it up. But do you know of any that are good?
Met on line March 2000
Met in person July 2000
Married July 2007

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 11:27:32 PM »
Oh I see for some reason I was thinking they come to your house and pick it up.

Unfortunately not as the expediters are all located in the same cities as the consulates (LA, NYC and Chicago), so you have to send your application to them first and then they deliver it to the consulate :).

But do you know of any that are good?

Have a look at this thread for expediter reviews: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=54897.0;all

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 03:53:57 PM »

I was also in FL when I applied for mine & used a expediter as well. I had to fedex my application & supporting documents to the agency I used (they were in NY). They fedexed it all back. I need my passport for my job as I'm out of the country on a weekly basis so couldn't have it drifting around for weeks!
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab