Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Corelle dinner set  (Read 12741 times)

• Liked: 4990
Re: Corelle dinner set
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2018, 01:09:51 PM »
Oh, that is a much more complicated concept to convey.  You are most definitely right.  But by then, surely she'd eaten enough real food to be allowed a bit...?

Do you give the kids sugar near bedtime?  My mother rarely served desserts.  This is a problem for my husband, because I often don't think of dessert, and he expects a treat after every meal, whereas, I serve dessert once or twice a month.  :P

We are experiencing behavior issues lately.  We are deep into the "I don't want to/I want" phase.  It's exhausting.  We are not going to take orders from a 4 year old.  She usually has yogurt at the end of dinner.  So yes, sugar at the end of the meal.  Not "pudding" per say though.  She has a pretty well rounded diet.  We try hard to not allow anything to be banned or seen as a negative.  If you ask her what her favorite food is, she'll tell you the truth.  Corn on the cob.   ;D

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2018, 01:26:06 PM »
I'm sure you guys actually chat to each other and your kids.
More like we try to talk to the kids and they grunt and roll their eyes.  Or sneak off to check their phones in the middle of the meal.  Or want to illustrate some point by showing us something on the IPad, and then switch to just looking at Instagram instead. 

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »
More like we try to talk to the kids and they grunt and roll their eyes.  Or sneak off to check their phones in the middle of the meal.  Or want to illustrate some point by showing us something on the IPad, and then switch to just looking at Instagram instead.

It's not much different with a 4 year old.

Me:  "What'd you have for lunch today?"
Her:  "Don't know" (not looking at me and using a whiney voice)
Me:  "Did you have pasta?"
Her:  "No"
Me:  "Did you have hotpot?"
Her: "No.  I said I don't remember."
Me:  "Did you have a roast?"
Her:  <jumps down off her chair>
Me:  "Where are you going?"
Her:  "To get panda"
Me:  "We are eating dinner.  Get back in your seat."
Her:  "But panda is lonely."

And on and on and on and on and on.  Should have stuck with cats. 

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 01:42:33 PM »
We are experiencing behavior issues lately.  We are deep into the "I don't want to/I want" phase.  It's exhausting.  We are not going to take orders from a 4 year old.  She usually has yogurt at the end of dinner.  So yes, sugar at the end of the meal.  Not "pudding" per say though.  She has a pretty well rounded diet.  We try hard to not allow anything to be banned or seen as a negative.  If you ask her what her favorite food is, she'll tell you the truth.  Corn on the cob.   ;D

My mother didn't ban food or use food as a reward or punishment, or in any way associate food with feelings.  She just didn't buy the things she didn't want us to have too much of, so we couldn't get into the pantry and help ourselves to them.  And I think the lack of desserts after dinner was just because she was too lazy.  She pretty much did the bare minimum to get nutrition into us.  It was usually balanced, at least.

My favourite was mashed potatoes.  But I also liked broccoli (the stem part more than the tops, back then, but now it's the other way around).  My favourite food now is cherry tomatoes followed closely by potatoes any way you cook 'em.

Okay, but Panda probably is lonely.  I know you're not serving bamboo every night, but you could at least invite Panda to the table so s/he's not bored and alone.  :P
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2018, 02:06:25 PM »
My mother didn't ban food or use food as a reward or punishment, or in any way associate food with feelings.  She just didn't buy the things she didn't want us to have too much of, so we couldn't get into the pantry and help ourselves to them.  And I think the lack of desserts after dinner was just because she was too lazy.  She pretty much did the bare minimum to get nutrition into us.  It was usually balanced, at least.

My favourite was mashed potatoes.  But I also liked broccoli (the stem part more than the tops, back then, but now it's the other way around).  My favourite food now is cherry tomatoes followed closely by potatoes any way you cook 'em.

Okay, but Panda probably is lonely.  I know you're not serving bamboo every night, but you could at least invite Panda to the table so s/he's not bored and alone.  :P

I cannot pretend that I don't use food as rewards.  I do.  I wish I didn't, but it happens.  Not so much *food* but definitely treats.  Like Haribo or starbursts.

I love panda.  And she's welcome at our table any time.  But definitely trying to win the war over the 4 year old's determined personality.  I want her to be determined.  I just want her to understand that when Mommy and Daddy tell her to do something, it's not negotiable.

• Liked: 1894
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2018, 06:13:57 PM »
I just want her to understand that when Mommy and Daddy tell her to do something, it's not negotiable.

This is going to be root of 18 years of arguing.  I feel the force is strong with that one. 

My boy is the nicest kid in the world, can't stop hugging you and loves to cuddle up and watch TV.  Notice that I don't have to talk about him much?  It's all about the girl, who's been a teenager since she was three. 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2018, 06:22:21 PM »
This is going to be root of 18 years of arguing.  I feel the force is strong with that one. 

My boy is the nicest kid in the world, can't stop hugging you and loves to cuddle up and watch TV.  Notice that I don't have to talk about him much?  It's all about the girl, who's been a teenager since she was three.

Believe they call that a "threenager"
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2018, 07:31:31 PM »

As we’ve been having all these challenges with the girl, we usually look at the boy and say “you won’t be like this, will you?” And he gives a big toothy grin.   ;D

You know how they say “Apples don’t fall far from tress?”  Well, my apple is nice and close.  I fear what my future holds!  I just hope she’s less defiant than I was...  but I fear I grew a STRONG apple!

• Liked: 154
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2018, 11:38:12 AM »
It's not much different with a 4 year old.

Me:  "What'd you have for lunch today?"
Her:  "Don't know" (not looking at me and using a whiney voice)
Me:  "Did you have pasta?"
Her:  "No"
Me:  "Did you have hotpot?"
Her: "No.  I said I don't remember."
Me:  "Did you have a roast?"

Haha lunch is about the only thing our 7 year old claims to remember from school

• Liked: 681
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2018, 08:55:55 AM »
She's got her priorities right!   ;D 8)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2018, 05:40:00 PM »
I still have this brand new set of Corelle,  if anyone is interested in it.  £20 and free shipping.   ;D

• Liked: 425
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2018, 06:07:03 PM »
I still have this brand new set of Corelle,  if anyone is interested in it.  £20 and free shipping.   ;D
We’re interested Albatross! Didn’t imagine that you still had it! Can you send me a pic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2018, 06:09:06 PM »
Damn was just going to say let me see if the hubby was okay with the pattern...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
There's a link to the pattern at the top of the page Rick. Its what I was looking at before I hit reply.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 425
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2018, 09:46:15 AM »
There's a link to the pattern at the top of the page Rick. Its what I was looking at before I hit reply.

I willingly yield to the lovely lyonaria. If you want the set it’s yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab