Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Low Carb Ahoy!  (Read 920 times)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Low Carb Ahoy!
« on: April 17, 2004, 07:31:17 PM »
Well now that I'm post-baby, I'm back on low-carb and GOD have I missed it! While at Boots today I bought an Atkins bar as well, just to see if they were still as gross as they used to be, but was quite surprised to find it was yummy, so I ate one. Slurp. I've been totally enjoying my salads and veggies and everything... totally enjoying *not* feeling nauseous and actually being able to eat things that have taste - I ate more mashed potatoes and buttered toast and cheerios than I care to count while pregnant, because they settled my ever-silly stomach. :)

Sooo.... I suppose we'll see how long it takes to get back down to my pre-pregnant size. I'm hoping I can at least get close in the next 3 months (I gained a *lot*)... fortunately I've already lost about half of it in the last 2 weeks. Can't wait to fit into normal clothes again...  :-\
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
Re: Low Carb Ahoy!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 09:54:44 PM »
Your little bunny baby photo is too cute!

Much luck towards your goal. Yoga is a great way to get rid of unwanted weight. There are classes designed for post-pregnancy as well! Yoga is very relaxing, you can go at your own pace and trust me, you will see results! But Im sure you know what you're doing anyway!  :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 11:21:55 AM »
Do you follow the Atkins program fully, Sara? There are certain things I know bulk me up (I've gained 15 pounds since moving out of London in January...less walking for commuting ..) and carbs are a killer. Unfortunately they are my favourite  :-[ Funny thing is that once I cut out lots of cheese of my diet- I lost weight. Funny, that- huh? hehe

What do you do that works? We've gotten into the habit of eating loads of veggies, but salads aren't part of our usual diet..

It's always great to hear how other folks get back to feeling good!

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 11:53:30 AM »
I started following "Protein Power" 5 or 6 years ago, it has an easier transition than Atkins does, and the book explains why the diet works instead of just saying "just do it, trust me". I liked that. I've been doing low-carb so long now though that I don't actually follow a specific plan, but it's important to do so in the beginning while in the learning process, etc etc blah blah blah! :)

I've been wanting to do yoga for *ages* actually, and have just never put my butt into gear. I'm waiting to ehar from my health visitor about post-partum classes in my area, I hope they've got a yoga one!
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 12:08:59 PM »
I started following "Protein Power" 5 or 6 years ago, it has an easier transition than Atkins does, and the book explains why the diet works instead of just saying "just do it, trust me". I liked that. I've been doing low-carb so long now though that I don't actually follow a specific plan, but it's important to do so in the beginning while in the learning process, etc etc blah blah blah! :)

I've been wanting to do yoga for *ages* actually, and have just never put my butt into gear. I'm waiting to ehar from my health visitor about post-partum classes in my area, I hope they've got a yoga one!

Thanks for the info, Sara  :) Yoga is great! I took a class when we were in London and it really made a difference for me! I also got a dvd for the times I could never make it there- if you're interested? No matter how much I enjoyed the time in the class, I really like doing the routines whenever I have time! I make sure I do the morning one every day.

It's by LivingArts-( it's an american dvd)- a.m, stress relief and p.m yoga for beginners.  It's nice and low-impact!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 11:45:32 AM »
Marlespo, I didn't have to diet post pregnancy until the last 5 lbs, thanks to the miracle of breast feeding. I'm sure yours will fall off as well! But yoga is fab and I love how it works out the upper body as well - which always gets missed on my running sessions.
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab