Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Suggestions where to find this "pub cheese" or closest thing comparable?  (Read 2359 times)

• Liked: 1260
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/alouette-garlic-amp-herb-cheese-spread/166310

Recently craving this with some crackers....Looked on Sainsbury's website for Alouette and found nothing. I'm not sure if this is one of those cases of "not the same name" or something?? I'm kind of picky with cheese so I don't really want to buy something that I think might potentially be similar only to find out that it's literally not the same at all (or is cream cheese as I've seen cream cheese called soft cheese spread before).
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: Suggestions where to find this "pub cheese" or closest thing comparable?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »
It looks like Boursin (http://www.boursin.com/en_us/Products/Boursin-R-Cheese/Garlic-Fine-Herbs), which is available in most supermarkets, I think, definitely Waitrose and larger Tescos.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 43
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
Can confirm that the Co-op's own brand Boursin in totally passable. Like what you're looking for above.
Sept 2001 - June 2006: studied at the University of Glasgow and the University of Strathclyde
Aug 2010 - Dec 2010: in UK on holiday visa
Jan 2011: issued fiancée visa
July 2011: issued FLR(M)
March 2012: DD1
June 2013: issued ILR
November 2013: DD2

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 06:27:35 PM »
You can get Boursin in the US and it's lovely!

Also, if you can buy "slices" of a garlic/herb cheese with chives on the outside and it's even cheaper than anything in a container. It's wrapped in cellophane and in the cheese section. If you know of any crackers similar to wheat thins I could kiss you.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will give it a go! (Wish I saw this earlier! I literally went into co-op a few hours ago!). Will work on the closest thing I can find to wheat thins next! Hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 07:26:07 PM »
I've been looking and I can't seem to find any. There was one really lovely brand (not wheat thin like) but my local Tesco stopped carrying them. I was gutted. I obviously didn't buy enough of them.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 06:32:19 AM »
Also, if you can buy "slices" of a garlic/herb cheese with chives on the outside and it's even cheaper than anything in a container.

You'll recognise it when you see it, but I think the label says 'roulade'.  It is really good.

My favourite is the black pepper Boursin!

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 09:08:01 AM »
You guys are the best! :D :D :D I knew asking on here would be more effective than spending ages googling!

Like I said, I'm super picky with cheese (as in I love cheddar, Land'o'lakes american - when I go home -, mozarella, and pecorino romano or any type of italian grated cheese...buuuut I'm not guaranteed to like much else...so I guess more fussy than picky haha). My sister had this at hers when I was home over Christmas and I literally wanted to eat the whole container!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1893

I could kiss you.

Garlic cheese is not compatible with kisses.

You guys are the best! :D :D :D I knew asking on here would be more effective than spending ages googling!

Like I said, I'm super picky with cheese (as in I love cheddar, Land'o'lakes american - when I go home -, mozarella, and pecorino romano or any type of italian grated cheese...buuuut I'm not guaranteed to like much else...so I guess more fussy than picky haha). My sister had this at hers when I was home over Christmas and I literally wanted to eat the whole container!

If you'd like to be a bit fancy, buy some soft white goat cheese and mix in finely chopped onions, Provence herbs and a touch of high quality olive oil. 

Bon Appetite!

Garlic cheese is not compatible with kisses.

FALSE! ahhaah Husband and I LOVE Garlic! The more the better! hahaha ;D
My, how time flies....

If you'd like to be a bit fancy, buy some soft white goat cheese and mix in finely chopped onions, Provence herbs and a touch of high quality olive oil. 

Bon Appetite!

Bon Appetite!

That's part of my problem! I'm so fussy that the idea of goats cheese is just a "no" for me (I know I'm probably missing out! lol)
My, how time flies....

FALSE! ahhaah Husband and I LOVE Garlic! The more the better! hahaha ;D

Hence the "Kiss of Death " username

That's part of my problem! I'm so fussy that the idea of goats cheese is just a "no" for me (I know I'm probably missing out! lol)

You are certainly missing out.  If you liked Boursin, you will also like a good creamy goat cheese.

In the market in Turkey, they sold goat cheese that was aged in a container made out of the hairy skin of the goat.  I have to admit all that hair put me off and I couldn't really enjoy it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab