Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My British passport arrived!  (Read 1368 times)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Re: My British passport arrived!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 04:48:11 PM »
Congrats Gatsbygirl! Let us know what happens at the interview.

I just got my letter for my interview appointment today, sent off my application on 28th of February.

However, you say you got your supporting documents when you got your appointment letter.

I called the passport service to find out what happened to my US passport and UK naturalisation certificate and the person on the phone told me that I don't get any documents back until after I go the interview and the passport is approved. She said they need my supporting documents in order to do the interview, which kind of makes sense to me.

???

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 05:32:45 PM »
Congrats!   ;D
**Permanent Resident as of 30 March 2009**

• Liked: 70
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 05:37:23 PM »
Congratulations!

• British and Texan (and ape)
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 06:18:38 PM »
Congratulations!  :)

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 02:17:58 AM »
That depends on the reason you are in the UK. If you are married to a British citizen, then you only have to have been in the UK for three years (two years spouse visa + one year ILR). If you are here on a work permit, then it takes five years. However, I'm no expert. I'm sure Garry or Vicky or one of the others could give you a better answer. Good luck!
thank you for your quick reply.
yea ... I am married to a British and will apply for my ILR next month ( I hope ).

cheers

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 01:45:07 PM »
I just got my letter for my interview appointment today, sent off my application on 28th of February.

However, you say you got your supporting documents when you got your appointment letter.

I called the passport service to find out what happened to my US passport and UK naturalisation certificate and the person on the phone told me that I don't get any documents back until after I go the interview and the passport is approved. She said they need my supporting documents in order to do the interview, which kind of makes sense to me.

???

sweetpeach, have you had your interview yet?  Sorry if I've missed this info elsewhere.

I didn't ask about my supporting documents (as I had already looked at this thread) but just FYI, I haven't received them yet and I received the invite letter yesterday and attended the interview today.  I am hoping that I will receive them soon, in the manner that sweetpeach was advised should happen.

ETA: I spoke too soon.  When I got home, I found I had received a letter dated 17/3 from SMS saying they had tried to deliver something (which would have to have been the supporting documents as I hadn't yet attended my passport interview).  I'm going to have to arrange redelivery - they say they will redeliver to home or work, so I'm thinking of arranging to work from home on Friday, when my passport may show up as well.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:11:09 PM by LipBalmAddict »

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 03:46:08 PM »
Quote from: gatsbygirl
I can't believe that my UK immigration journey has finally come to an end.

Nearly! There is one more thing to do, if you have not already done it! That is, get yourself on to the Electoral Register!

Go to the About My Vote website, enter your postcode, etc..

Do it soon, and you might just get a vote in the European Parliamentary elections in June.
John

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »
Nearly! There is one more thing to do, if you have not already done it! That is, get yourself on to the Electoral Register!

Go to the About My Vote website, enter your postcode, etc..

Do it soon, and you might just get a vote in the European Parliamentary elections in June.

Thanks, John - I was just about to do this myself but was lured to catch up on the latest UK-Y posts first, and found out you did the work for me!   ;D

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 04:08:53 PM »
LipBalmAddict, glad to be of service!

As regards the European Parliamentary elections in June, all you now need to do is to try to get your head around the d'Honte method of allocating seats to the various candidates in each multi-member constituency. I shall test you in a few days time!  (Only joking!)
John

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
Thanks, JohnL

That answers my question of what to do with myself now that all this is nearly behind me.  I was going to take up playing the guitar, but there is no reason I can't become more politically aware as well.

Thanks again!  ;D

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 10:57:55 AM »
The subject line of this thread finally applies to me, what a relief to have it at last, along with my US passport and other supporting documents.

It took less than two weeks from the date of my citizenship ceremony to have that lovely UK passport finally in my hands.

Here is my timeline:
7 March:  Naturalised at Citizenship Ceremony
9 March:  Applied for UK passport using Post Office Check & Send Service
(Somewhere in this date range, delivery of my supporting docs was attempted, but I was not at home.)
17 March: Received passport interview invitation letter
18 March: Attended passport interview, received supporting docs delivery attempt letter, dated 17 March, from SMS
19 March: Booked redelivery of supporting docs for the next day
20 March: Received UK passport & supporting docs in the same delivery

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »
Congrats LBA!!!! Great news!!!  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab