Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HSMP switching into T1  (Read 575 times)

HSMP switching into T1
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:56:37 PM »
The new rules will not apply to T1 applicants who are switching out of HSMP. 

This has been received as a favourable development.  Anyone affected by this and is worried about a *bleep*-up treating them under the old rules can print out this thread and show it to their adviser (who can contact me for the reading).

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: HSMP switching into T1
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 09:05:22 AM »
I have been praying for this!  Nice to know they have seen sense.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:51:39 PM »
if you need the reading, just SHOUT

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
This is awesome to hear. Garry, is the reading something you can copy paste on here or you need email id for it...? It's not on UKBA's website yet so I'll certainly be interested to read the reading  :)

• Banned

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 05:12:47 PM »
if you need the reading, just SHOUT

SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT!!!!

;)

Vicky

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »
This is awesome to hear. Garry, is the reading something you can copy paste on here or you need email id for it...? It's not on UKBA's website yet so I'll certainly be interested to read the reading  :)

Of course!  I normally post the relevant extract here after its been suitably redacted.  That makes everyone aware and on the same page.  But this reading is so tightly wrapped that it makes no sense without seeing what prompted the reading in the first instance.  So it wouldn't be totally meaningful in a redacted state.

Otherwise for sure.  I think people enjoy reading the actual text.  That's why I normally post it.   :D

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 09:00:42 AM »
Does UKBA view HSMP and Tier 1 (General) as the same or two different categories? A news release from UKBA yesterday says the following:

The Tier 1 (General) changes will apply to migrants who are applying for permission to enter the United Kingdom in this category for the first time, or who are applying to switch into the Tier 1 (General) category from another category. Anyone applying for an extension of their permission to stay under Tier 1 (General) will not be affected by the changes.

Would HSMP ---> Tier 1 (General) be a "switch" or "an extension under Tier 1 (General)"...? I'm hoping it's the later as that's what matches Garry's feedback above...

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 09:22:59 AM »
Further confusion:

Page 10 of new guidance notes  (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/tier1generalguidance310309.pdf) -

Under "Periods of grant", the following text: "Entry Clearance and Leave to Remain where previous grant of leave was not as a Tier 1 (General) participant (switching)

Page 15 of new guidance notes, point 67 -

"If an applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Highly Skilled Migrant and is therefore applying using the extension requirements of Tier 1 (General), they can claim the following points on the basis of their age"

So is it switching or extension?

• Banned

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 09:59:21 AM »
It's both  :-\\\\

It's a switch, but without the need to have a Masters.

Vicky

• Liked: 163
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »
So is it switching or extension?

It's both  :-\\\\

<small rant>  It seems that whichever term would be to your advantage, the opposite term applies.  If it'd make it more likely that your application would be approved if you're "switching," then you're not, you're "extending."  If it would be cheaper if you're "extending," then you're not, you're "switching."

Whichever one I'm doing - "switching" or "extending" - I'm looking forward to the process being over. </small rant>

That's directed toward the process and the bureocracy, not toward you, Vicky.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab