Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: APPROVED!!!  (Read 783 times)

• Liked: 0
APPROVED!!!
« on: March 16, 2009, 05:53:55 PM »
Received word Friday evening from my courier that my application for my spousal visa was approved!!!! Can't believe this day is finally here! Should be receiving it via Fed Ex today. UKY is the best - thank you to everyone on here for the help, advice, and support!! I will be needing it still as I transition into life in the UK. LOVE this site!!

Re: APPROVED!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:55:28 PM »
Congratulaions! I bet you feel as though a weight's been lifted from your shoulders. :)
If we called them Sad Meals, no one would buy them.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 06:00:56 PM »
heavens ... how long was it for you .. if i remember right ... that is really quick! that's brilliant news ... really happy for you .. it was you that the courier had left messages that concerned you ??? i was worried for you ... i worry all the time about everything ... once this is all over i hope i can get back to being myself!  i miss the carefree gal i used to be!

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:06:23 PM »
Yays, congrats :) I can't imagine how excited you are, and I can't wait till I'm where you're a. It seems like it'll be forever, but these stories keep me going--and they keep me sane :P
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

• My Flickr page
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »
Go us!  I'm so happy to hear your good news.  ;D
"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?" ~Henry Ward Beecher

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »
Thank you thank you! :) I know. This day always seemed so out of reach! It's almost sureal.

heavens ... how long was it for you .. if i remember right ... that is really quick! that's brilliant news ... really happy for you .. it was you that the courier had left messages that concerned you ??? i was worried for you ... i worry all the time about everything ... once this is all over i hope i can get back to being myself!  i miss the carefree gal i used to be!

From the time of putting the actual application in it went very quickly. It was all of the preparation leading up to that that was back and forth and taking forever! (I got married over 3 months ago). Did the online app on Friday 3/6. Biometrics on Wednesday 3/11, Overnighted app to courier same day, Courier received app Thurs 3/12, took app to Consulate Friday 3/13. Got a call from courier at 9 pm on Friday 3/13 saying it was approved and they were Fed Exing it back to me. The courier did worry me very much!! Said I didn't have all this stuff I needed and that our finances were worrying. (I'm a huge worrier too) I am aware that we don't have a huge savings, I don't need you to point out that that could be an issue, thank you! In the end, she said the consulate called her to ask about the finances, and she explained how it showed we could support ourselves, and they approved it. I'm a little confused as to why they called her and not me, but I don't care at this point because it's approved!!

when will you be putting your ap in songbird?

Dev, when are you heading back over??

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
i am hoping to have my application in the same day we get married .. the 31st ... but if not ... it might be the morning of the 1rst ....

that is amazing chi_ wow ... ! So when are you gonna be in the UK then?

I truly am happy for you!  please let me know how things are going ... it's funny how you feel so close to people that you don't know outside the forum. There is just something about people understanding ... not feeling alone ... I am so glad my fiance found this forum. 

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 06:37:35 PM »
i am hoping to have my application in the same day we get married .. the 31st ... but if not ... it might be the morning of the 1rst ....

I'm not sure if you've already looked into the process for Atlanta, but not all states issue the official marriage certificate on the same day you get married... you may be given a non-official copy on the day and then the actual certificate will be sent to you in the mail a few days later... which would mean that you'll have to wait until you receive the official certificate before you can send off the documentation to the consulate. It's probably worth checking the marriage info for Atlanta to find when you'll receive the certificate (if you haven't found out already).

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 06:41:56 PM »
spoke to the lady in cherokee county ... which is where i'll actually be ... i just say atlanta cause we're flying in there ... but anyway ... she said usually it takes a few days ... up to a week ... but they are making an exception for me ... !! just so i can get that in the post ... so sweet ... !!!
thanks for the heads up ... surprises like that aren't good ....

• My Flickr page
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 06:43:34 PM »
Dev, when are you heading back over??

Sunday!  I was totally going to head back earlier, as I've had my visa in hand for what feels like a long time now, but I quickly realized that I couldn't go back before the 22nd.  I whined about the whole saga over here: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=51730.0.

And you leave Wednesday, right?  WOO!!!  That's my younger stepson's 8th birthday and the only thing I wanted out of this visa situation is for me to be back in time to celebrate with him.  I may be a bit jetlagged, but man...I'll be THERE!!!! :D

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 06:46:41 PM »
Sunday!  I was totally going to head back earlier, as I've had my visa in hand for what feels like a long time now, but I quickly realized that I couldn't go back before the 22nd.  I whined about the whole saga over here: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=51730.0.

And you leave Wednesday, right?  WOO!!!  That's my younger stepson's 8th birthday and the only thing I wanted out of this visa situation is for me to be back in time to celebrate with him.  I may be a bit jetlagged, but man...I'll be THERE!!!! :D

I know the feeling, I'm hoping I'll be back in the UK before the end of September (I'm pretty sure I will be, hehe) since it'll be my step-daughter's 9th birthday, and she really wants me there for her curry night :) Even if I feel like the walking dead I'll manage to get out for that.

Grats on going back, btw :)
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

• My Flickr page
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 06:56:15 PM »
Grats on going back, btw :)

Thank you!  Yeah, it's tough to be away, but missing those big milestones makes it a thousand times tougher.

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 07:06:41 PM »
my future mother in law -- will be 70. and i've been organizing the party including a band, the invitations etc, decorations, and  supposed to cater it ... on the 24th of april ... but that's small time in the scheme of things i realise ... just thought i'd chime in ....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 08:02:39 PM by songbird »

• Liked: 1
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 07:59:44 PM »
Chi - Do you have it in your hot little hand, yet? :)

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 08:09:16 PM »
Chi - Do you have it in your hot little hand, yet? :)

not yet. I'm at work, but my sister is at home waiting for it to arrive.

I think I'm going over around the 31st. Waiting to hear back from my friend who is getting me a buddy pass on what date I can fly over. I have to work till the 27th though.

Sponsored Links