Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: just made my ilr appt. bummed about timing!  (Read 360 times)

• Liked: 0
just made my ilr appt. bummed about timing!
« on: March 19, 2009, 09:32:34 AM »
i didn't want to call until I had everything ready, as i didn't know how quickly they made appts for.  after having to wait for a bank statement for 3 1/2 wks (first one never arrived) i finally called this morning, and now my appointment isn't until 30 April! now i'll have to pay the extra fee for myself and the extra fee for my son! not sure if 3 1/2 wks would've made a difference for the 6 april date, but nice to think it would've.
wish they weren't taking so long to turn over ones by post so that we could just have it mailed in by/before the new date...friends are coming at end of may and we want to be sure we have them back to go to france while they're here!
all of this timing stuff is rubbish!!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: just made my ilr appt. bummed about timing!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:56:03 AM »
With a wait like that, you may as well apply by post!

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »
Is it worth seeing if any of the other offices have a closer date for you?  I am in the North and when I called I had them check a couple of offices to get the best date.  Considering you will end up having to pay the fee it might be worth a little day trip to another office or a cheap train ticket to one of them?
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
that is worth thinking about at least, so thanks for that.
the recording did say however, while waiting on the line to book, that all offices except certain types of appts. in GLASGOW were fully booked through march, so fee wise i won't make it in time.  we're sorting out our friends travel plans tonight, and then will decide if it's worth the extra cash with such a long appointment wait. can't even begin to say how happy i'll be when all of this is behind me!  :P

Sponsored Links