Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: David Beckham  (Read 994 times)

David Beckham
« on: July 25, 2005, 07:08:46 PM »
Does anybody know what's up with him?  Is he staying with Real Madrid or is he coming back to Uk or is he going to liven things up a bit in the U.S like it's been buzzing?  I don't watch football enough to keep up, and I get different answers from different people, so I'll see what happens here.
THANKS

• Me and my Brit
  • Liked: 0
Re: David Beckham
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 07:18:50 PM »
I've been seeing him on different celebrity shows here in the US a lot lately.  I think he really wants to take over sports here and rocket soccer to where basketball and hockey are now.  I think it could happen with the right marketing.  When the women's team won the Olympics it came pretty close, and now more kids are playing soccer than baseball these days.  Especially girls which I think is great.

~Liza
"Be not the slave of your own past - plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with a new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Liked: 25
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 08:09:59 PM »
That would be great for the US, especially with the World Cup coming up again next year. :)

• tenez dessus fortement sur vos rêves
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 08:40:49 PM »
I  think becks is staying at real madrid for the time being, he gets paid too much money to go anywhere else
its a far better thing i do than i have ever done

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 11:58:29 PM »
I think it would be great if he came to the U.S and really educated Americans on the art of "football".  I would love my daughter to take an interest in this when she's in school.

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 07:34:23 AM »
He is moving to America same time I am- in my suitcase, presuming I can pry him away from Victoria & dump Mr New Dawn ;)

Seriously,  he wants to end his career at Real Madrid and they have mentioned living in the US in a lot of interviews, I think he just opened one of his soccer schools in California and he has always said he wanted the schools open everywhere. As Victoria launched her own line of denim in L.A, I can't help but think the US is in their future (remember the pics of them with Tom Cruise), they are connected and I am sure that's where they will end up.  At least he will then still be in the same country as me at the very least........

;D
Born to shop..............forced to work

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 10:00:57 AM »
He is moving to America same time I am- in my suitcase, presuming I can pry him away from Victoria & dump Mr New Dawn ;)

LOL New Dawn, ITA!!!

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 10:10:14 AM »
It appears he may be losing some of his appeal in Asia and with some advertisers:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fbljpnspareal&prov=afp&type=lgns
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab