Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Diet Vanilla Coke!!!  (Read 1004 times)

• Liked: 0
Diet Vanilla Coke!!!
« on: June 03, 2003, 12:04:14 AM »
It's fab!  Dh had tried some when he had a meeting at one of the Coca-Cola plants a few months ago - raved about it - both 'regular' and diet versions.  I saw it in Sainsbury's today (on offer, too! 2 6-packs for 3 pounds) and picked it up.  Oh, YUMMY!  Tastes just like a vanilla coke, not 'diety' at all.  I don't know how the regular Vanilla Coke tastes, but it's probably great, too.  My taste buds were so happy today, they thought they were on holiday!  ;)

Just had to share,

Stephanie

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: Diet Vanilla Coke!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 12:45:05 AM »
I had been telling my mother-in-law about dieat vanilla coke, I had it last time I was back in the States, and I was complaining about the shortage of diet pop in England, then the same day I walked past Woolworths and saw a huge crate of it. I nearly peed my pants. Didn't, fortunately.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 02:14:57 AM »
Oh dear.... i've tried both the diet and regular versions of Vanilla Coke as soon as they appeared in the UK, and thought both of them were absolutely, gut-wrenchingly AWFUL!
Different strokes, i guess!  
The weird thing is that i love vanilla... and i love putting vanilla syrup into a coke.  But the pre-made stuff... UGH!

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 02:56:48 AM »
I'm with Badger!

Don't know about the diet, but I tried the regular version today (on offer in Tesco) and wasn't impressed.

It tasted like a very weak Coke float.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 11:16:54 PM »
I still can't find Diet Vanilla Coke in Ireland. Trish or anyone else here, have you seen it. There is plenty of plain vanilla coke about but I don't drink regular coke.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2003, 12:34:54 AM »
Sorry Belfastgirl, l haven't seen the diet version yet! l have seen the regular. But will keep my eye out for it and let ya know!

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 10:44:24 PM »
UPDATE: Diet Vanilla Coke has been found in Northern lreland. Sainsburys!!!

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 03:54:25 AM »
happy days!!! I'll ring the one near me but if you have it down there we should have it too..On the off chance they don't we will ask my mate to get some for me, is it in the one near the courthouse? Cheers, Trish

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 10:24:30 AM »
I mentioned before that i really hated this stuff, however... i tried it with vodka last night, and it was much better that way!  Quite liked it!  ;D

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2003, 12:12:26 AM »
Yes, Belfastgirl, it's the Sainsburys by the courthouse!  :)

Enjoy!!

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »
Trish: I would like to annouce that I am the proud owner of 6 (well, now 5  ;) ) tins of Diet Vanilla Coke. I got them at the Sainsbury at Forestside in Belfast. thanks for your help  

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2003, 10:27:49 PM »
[smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Yeah!!! Glad to hear it!!! Enjoy!! [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 02:14:19 AM »
I like the vanilla coke but I prefer the cherry version!  :o When we last went to NY they had this version of Pepsi which was putrid, it was blue, and it was bad!  Just hope they don't try for a UK launch with that too!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab